food recall...green beans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by laceymae, Aug 6, 2007.

1. laceymae

laceymae New Member

There is another food recall, french style green beans...
    go to the FDA's website for a complete list..

lacey
  2. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Just wanted you all to know that I have not been recalled and I am not French cut! Not even my undies!

I knew there was another good reason not to eat my veggies!!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

It's good to know you haven't been recalled!
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You are so funny! Made me laugh this AM....!

Laceymae...

Thanks for the heads up...I'll check it out.

(-:

Sue
  5. laceymae

laceymae New Member

thought about you when I posted this...

made me laugh, especially the undies...

lacey
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I don't know, I think maybe this morning I would prefer to be recalled! Migraine. Figure recalled would put me back in bed!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Choose joy!
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hey, go back to bed! Headaches are awful.

Go back, sleep a bit and start the day over again later.

Hugs,
    Sue
  8. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Now that I have permission maybe I will! Actually I took the Maxalt at 6:30, it's now 10:30 and I feel better. I want to take Fiorinal but I have a training class (second one today) in about half an hour. These classes are on line and staying awake is hard enough with just the Maxalt in my system.

Bad part with this is that my back and legs are killing me again today and I don't want to take my pain med incase I need the Fiorinal. Can't take both! So I am trying to wait it out and see how the head is by noon or so. The Maxalt will have worn off by then and I should be able to tell if I am in the clear as far as the headache goes.

Thanks for your support!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Choose joy!
  9. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Can you help me find it? All I could find was a botulism recall for canned chilis, beans, pork, etc. Thanks, Lacey!

Feel better Greenbeans!

Erika
  10. laceymae

laceymae New Member

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning consumers not to eat certain brands of French Cut Green Beans in 14.5 ounce cans manufactured by Lakeside Foods Inc, of Manitowoc, Wisconsin because the product may not have been processed adequately to eliminate the potential for botulism toxin. This warning is not related to another recent warning for botulism.

The canned green beans may cause botulism if consumed. FDA is providing this warning to make consumers aware of the possible risk of serious illness from eating these products. As of August 1, 2007, FDA had not received reports of illnesses related to the product.

The botulism toxin is very potent, and botulism is a life-threatening illness. Symptoms of botulism can begin from six hours to two weeks after eating food that contains the toxin. The symptoms may include double vision, blurred vision, drooping eyelids, slurred speech, difficulty swallowing, dry mouth, and muscle weakness that moves progressively down the body, affecting the shoulders first then descending to the upper arms, lower arms, thighs, and calves. Botulism also may cause paralysis of the breathing muscles, which can result in death unless assistance with breathing (mechanical ventilation) is provided. Individuals who show these symptoms and who may have recently eaten the product should seek immediate medical attention.

The affected Lakeside cut green beans are sold nationwide under the following labels: Albertson's, Happy Harvest, Best Choice, Food Club, Bogopa, Valu Time, Hill Country Fare, HEB, Laura Lynn, Kroger, No Name, North Pride, Shop N Save, Shoppers Valu, Schnucks, Cub Foods, Dierbergs, Flavorite, IGA, Best Choice and Thrifty Maid. The specific codes (top line of can code) involved are: EAA5247, EAA5257, EAA5267, EAA5277, EAB5247, EAB5257, ECA5207, ECA5217, ECA5227, ECA5297, ECB5207, ECB5217, ECB5227, ECB5307.

Consumers who have any of these products or any foods made with these products should dispose of them immediately. If the code on an affected can is missing or unreadable, consumers should throw the product out.

www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/news/2007/new01676.html

[This Message was Edited on 08/07/2007]