Food with trazadone? help for tonight...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Sep 7, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

Are you suppose to take food with it if you are taking it for sleep. It says to take with food if you are taking it during the day but I am taking it to fall asleep so I am assuming I should stop eating 2-3hrs. before like other sleep meds.
  2. encantare

encantare New Member

I have never taken it specifically with food because I take it at night. I wouldn't wait that long after eating though if you need to sleep. I find that I do well either way.
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

Hey I see you do weddings too! Crazy brides! I am pretty much phasing mine out though can't work like I use to. You needs tons of energy for that job.
  4. encantare

encantare New Member

yes, I do! I love it so much that I want to keep doing it, but I'm having a hard time finding work (just moved to CA from WA)...how long have you been a coordinator? Hope Traz. helps tonight. I live by mine! I was going to suggest trying with a couple oz of protien tonight (like cheese) and then nothing tomorrow night. To compare. My fingers are crossed for you.
    Brynn
  5. jane32

jane32 New Member

I have had my own biz for three years. The first year and a half I was not sick and was doing awesome. Loved it! I hired four people (part-time) now I am down to two..so hard to find good help! I just can't do anymore though. I plan on putting it on hold for 2007 and then hopefully I will be feeling better to do more work in 2008. I kept cutting back my hours. day of coordination is tons of work though and you are on your feet running around like crazy! I so wish I could do it. My brian fog has increased too I think from lack of sleep or sleeping pills (not sure which!)my website is www.thebluebride.com..It is really outdated though with prices and pics. I had plans to change it but now I am going to wait to see if I get better.
  6. encantare

encantare New Member

I'll check out your site. I found that I was able to scale my day of package back. I just tell them they get six hours (which is about my max) or they can hire my assit. for more hours....wondering if this might help you ever?? :) Let me know how it goes for you. Any marketing ideas? How did you grow your business?
  7. jane32

jane32 New Member

I did the same thing I went from 12 hrs. to 8 hrs. then last sunmmer I told the I could only do 4 and my ass. stays longer. But now by the time I drive myself up and back and stay I feel awful. So this summer I actually only did one hr. and my hubby had to drive me. My CFS just got much worse. Very upsetting! I drive with one eye open due to fatigue and brain fog.

I never advertised I got all my business from referrals on the knot.com. All the girls ont he message boards love to chatter. I did 45 weddings in my good years mostly day of! Then I opened another business that sold very high end weding supplies, like runners and cake toppers. I got sick though a few months later so I had to close it.

I posted another message about my episode with traz last night. I am not sure if I like it . I felt so drugged and kept waking up after every dream. I know you said you felt drugged in the beginning. what is your dose? I took 25 and it did nothing so 4 hrs. later I toold another 15 and then I started sleep/dream. I am not sure if I could take this every night though.
  8. lorreannhopkins

lorreannhopkins New Member

A small complex carb snack with Trazadone is what my doctor recommended. I've tried figs, dates, bananas, an organic cookie or cereal. I'm strickly natural and organic with all my meals but I have found that a little (splenda) (not chocolate) ice cream works the best-I sleep very sound. I hate the idea of the ice cream but haven't found any snack that works better. I also don't like the idea of eating before bed but I've found it to be a must with the Trazadone or it doesn't seem to work as well. I think it's because the food helps with the Seratonin production. Good luck!