Foods and Drinks that Cause Flairs or Pain in FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debdelo, May 29, 2008.

1. Debdelo

Debdelo New Member

Hello All!

I would be happy to know about foods or drinks that cause flairs or pain. Also, is there anything good to eat for FM people?

2. Tawra

Tawra New Member

SUGAR is the worst, MSG and aspertane.

3. mjbean

mjbean New Member

sugar will take me right over the edge. I sometimes get those cravings for it and I can't help myself and I give in and then I pay. You think I would learn, but I also would like to find a good sight for food that we should not indulge in.
    Good luck
  4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

If you suffer with depression as well, the increase in sugar cravings may indicate you need a change in medication dosage.

5. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Sodium Benzoate, a big culprit. Causes severe pain down both arms and across the back of the neck. If you get pain after drinking a soda or eating something with this in it, that's what it is. Sulphites, another really bad ingredient. They can cause the same symptoms as the Sodium Benzoate or even mimic heart attack symptoms, as well as causing migraines.

Nitrates, lower blood pressure and cause migraines. They will bring on an NMH/POTS attack and increase your level of pain.

MSG, same symptoms as above and even worse.

Artificial sweeteners, such as Aspartame, cause all kinds of problems, as well.

Food colorings, some can cause migraines, cluster headaches, and who knows how many other bad symptoms. Also thought to cause boughts of stomach cramping.

In general, eat anything processed and you'll probably suffer.