foods that are good for us arthritis and inflamation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msthang, Aug 25, 2005.

1. msthang

msthang New Member

hope that you all get as much use of this list as i did.

foods that are good for arthritis (rheumatoid)
    beets, broccoli,mackerel,oats,onion,papaya,pineapple,sesame seed, and sesame oil

antiinflammatory
    acocado, asparagus, globe artichoke, watercress,apple, grape,mango,grapefruit,blueberry,cherry,pine nut, brazil nut, sunflower seed and oil,pumpkin seed, oats,quinoa, soybean,pheasant,tuna,salmon,mackerel,peppermint,chamomile,thyme, elder flower, rosepary, sage, green tea,and black cumin.

if u would like a recipe for something just let me know.
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I did not know any of this.I printed it out.
    If it would not be to much trouble I would love a few recipes. Thank you.
    Sue
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

would be great as well. Turmeric is also good for inflammation and other issues that go along with arthritis and inflammation.

love, Tansy
  4. msthang

msthang New Member

grape cleanser
    20 seedles grapes
    6 stalks of celery
    handful of watercress
    press ingredients through a juicer,alternating the grapes,celery,and watercress.mix well, and drink immediately.
    pheasanwt stir-fry
    2pheasant breast halves,skinned
    2tbsp sesame oil
    10 portobello mushrooms, sliced
    1 red bell pepper,chopped
    1 onion, chopped finely
    2 tsp tamari soy sauce
    cut pheasant portions into large pieces, then fry on alow heat in the oil untill browned. add the onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms and stir-fry together for around 6 minutes untill the vegetables are tender and the phesant cooked through. add the soy sauce ans serve with brown rice or noodles.

if u would like something specific let me know which food u wnat the recipe for enjoy
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

sooths and heals the gut and reduces inflammation. Good for colds and flus too, have antiviral and antifungal properties.

I'm about to make a lovely tea w/ fresh ginger root and a lemon wedge. I make my fiance several pots and he takes it to work too, if he thinks he even starting to come down w/ one. Which was just last wknd, chased it away too, and it didn't set in. Even I was surprised it worked last wknd, because we had a cold snap, he had lots of stress and had a big painting party for our house he's been renoing, arranged for the wknd.

Jeanne
  6. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Just wanted to say Thank You.
    Gonna try tommorrow.
    Sue
  7. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

My chiropractor told me that omega-6 oils, such as corn oil which is in many commercial foods, aggravates inflammation and arthritis. He said that omega-3 oils were helpful for arthritis. He recommended fish oil or flax seed oil.