Foolish girl need words of encouragement.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janiemac, Jan 11, 2006.

1. janiemac

janiemac New Member

I realized today as I cried on a friend's shoulder that I have done myself a great disservice. All those years I was an "A" type personality I never let anyone know the kind of struggle I was having. Just get up and keep going.... Now I feel like I am spiraling to the bottom as everything has piled up, arthritis, diabetes, asthma, CFIDS, weight and depression. I now realize that of course they have no clue to what's happening to me, I have covered everything up (not that they REALLY wanted to hear how bad I felt) by acting like I could do it all. Now I am lost as to what to do or where to go. I can't think straight, need my job for health insurance and feel like I could stay in bed for a month. I left my car keys in a public place and almost had my car stolen, can't make a flight of stairs and don't care about much of anything. I can't seem to remember the simplest things. I have never gotten this bad before and seem to be getting worse by the hour. I no longer want to fight to go to work. I just want to be able to stay home and rest when I need too and start to live some type of a real existance. Helppppppp
  2. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

I agree. I wish I could stay home & rest when I want to too! I have to work not only for health insurance, but so my family has a place to live & food to eat.

YOU CAN DO IT!!! I would talk with my closest friends about how things are for you. I recently lost my best friend, basically because she had no idea what I've been going through, said some insensitive things & that was it. It can be really tough to maintain even basic relationships.

Take care of yourself - we care about you!!

Leanne
  3. janiemac

janiemac New Member

Well don't do what I did, because at work they keep piling it on and have never even looked up my disease to see what is wrong with me-been here 4 years.
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Janiemac:
    Work is all well and good, but in my experience as a Type A worker: one day I just had to say 'no more'.

I got with a good group of doctor's and all has gone well.
    I had to 'doctor shop' but it all worked out.

Try to pull yourself by your bootstraps and go gung ho in a direction. Doing nothing will not help.

You've got a right to rest and feel well. I know your pain.
    I hope you will be better soon and please let us know what you do. YOu aren't 'foolish'.

Hugs,
    NyroFan
  5. janiemac

janiemac New Member

What happened when you got your good group of doctors-Do you still work?
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hi again:
    The doctors said I could not work. I went to the Social Security Administration after I quit my job after a year.
    I filed. I doctor shopped. They saw me as disabled and I won my case with SSA.

It can not hurt to look into it. Many have SSD and we no longer have to work at all.

Hugs,
    NyroFan
  7. Frustratedandtired

Frustratedandtired New Member

I am in the same boat. Here's what I try to do. I use my crock pot. That way when I get home from work, dinner is ready and it's so easy. If I am really tired, I use my breaks to take naps. I also use my lunch break to take a nap if I'm especially tired. I try to make sure I get in bed at night at a decent hour. I have a clock that has different sound effects like rain, waterfall, ocean, thunder. I choose one of those every night before I go to sleep. To me, it helps me relax and even if I wake up through the night I am able to focus on that sound and it helps me fall back to sleep easier. I am a very hard worker also and sometimes I just have to make myself slow down because I catch myself getting tense.
  8. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I know you said you need your job but can you take a bit of time off to regroup? I think you need some time to think and to relax. You can't keep going for much longer if you don't get your health problems under control. Finding a good Doc. is important.

You've probably been giving to others for along time, like so many of us. Its' your turn now; make yourself a priority.

Take Care.
    Kathy.
  9. janiemac

janiemac New Member

I think I would love some time off but they are training me to take over another persons job while they are out on medical leave. I did say I was only willing to do one at a time instead of both. Maybe when she comes back I could take a much needed break. How do you get people to even care to find out what your disease is about? I really don't whine but it would be nice if they would at least find out about it. A little empathy would go a long way towards simple understanding. Or am I expecting too much?

Janie
  10. gramaT

gramaT New Member

You could give your friends and co workers a pamphlet on FM and ask them to read it.

Also, with the fibro-fog, do you eat much sugar? I quit eating it five days ago, with the Kicksugar.com program and my head is so much clearer. I will never go back. I take a good probiotic also.

Blessings,
    Carolyn in Illinois