Foot Bath?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Has anyone heard of this?

My brother-in-law was tired all the time (not CFS or FMS)so he went to this alternative doctor. He gives him this foot bath that is supposed to release toxins from your body. He also gave him vitamins and minerals.

My sister says she has seen a DRAMATIC difference in his energy level, and would never ever believe it unless she had seen it herself.

Has anyone ever heard of this?
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

the foot soles have the biggest pores in the body, and are a major detox pathway because of how much the feet sweat.

I do simple, but very effective footbaths w/ hotwater and lemon juice. I don't even have a fancy footspa, I just use a big soup pot. I feel great when I do them, so peaceful and mellow, it relieves pain, esp acute footpain and gout. I'm very chemically sensitive and MCS can cause major footpain when I've been out, perfumes, traffic fumes, and airfresheners really bring it on, but the footbath brings me out of it better and quicker than anything.

Some people buy expensive detoxing footpads. I'm sure it does something, but they are overpriced and make super lofty claims. I'll stick to my cheap and easy lemon footbath.

jeanne
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

How much lemon to water do you use?

Kriket
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I fill a big soup pot w/ water as hot as I can take, then my sploosh is maybe a third of a cup. I don't measure.

Jeanne
  5. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

I like the idea of a lemon foot bath.

I have tried to detox pads. I think they work because, if I use two, I feel quite unwell the next morning. So, they are doing something. Do not know what.

Another mix is 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar and 1/2 cup epson's salts. Soak for 10 minutes. You are supposed to do it for 5 days in a row, but I gave up after 2 because it started to make me feel unwell..

However, since I believe they do have an effect, I would suggest that they be treated with respect and caution and start off slow if you are new to them.