Foot issues?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by yagottalaff, Oct 18, 2011.

1. yagottalaff

yagottalaff New Member

I've had CFIDS/FM for over 25 years. It seems like the minute I turned 65, my feet started being very unhappy. They throb, and my right foot has two lumps -- on sort of in the arch, and the other at the base of my middle toe. It's really, really hard to walk without pain. Plus, just sitting around, as one with CFIDS does a lot of, those lumps still hurt.

Walking barefoot is out. And one of my dreams all of these years was to have a dog and to be able to walk him. Both dreams have come true, and now I've had to give up walking my dog. Of course, I've tried to explain all of this to him, but he's not cutting me any slack.

So, has anyone else experienced these lumpy things? Thanks, and remember: Ya gotta laff!!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There may be something which could be done so you aren't suffering with this. Hoping and praying you can find help.

Love, Mikie
  3. wacquiebob

wacquiebob New Member

Hi, I really love your "handle"
    I have had foot problems ever since I got this disease. My feet are super sensitive. I cannot even think about stubbing my toe with tears coming to my eyes. I no longer like to go barefoot and I hate shoe shopping now (and I am a real girl who used to love shoes!)
    I don't have any lumps however so I cannot tell you anything about that. Have you seen a podiatrist? Maybe it is something in addition to the sensitivity with the ME.
  4. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

As a matter of fact, I have an appointment Friday with a podiatrist to remove a callus on my left foot, up near the back of the toes. It seems I have a hammertoe and fallen arches also. After being diagnosed with Diabetes in April, I've been told that foot care is very important.

This is a lumpy place on the ball of the foot. I think they either freeze it off or scrape it. Don't think it hurts though, hope not.

I had stopped wearing shoes around the house and padded around in socks all day. My bedroom slippers were hurting my feet. Turns out this was a mistake! Walking on the tile kitchen floor is the reason the callus developed. My feet were turning red and burning like crazy at night. This is the neuropathy caused by the fibro and also diabetes.

You might want to get your feet checked. They say the proper arch supports and lots of padding on the inside of the bottom will help it. I think they can put a splint of some kind on the toe. I'll find out soon.
    Good luck with yours. I also have CFS/FM and it's been 33 years.

Maybe you can walk your dog with the proper type of shoe but I think you'd have to see a podiatrist to find out. (tell your dog there's hope). Good luck. GB66
  5. yagottalaff

yagottalaff New Member

Thanks for writing, everyone. I really appreciate all of your offerings... At least you guys didn't make me think I was making things up like so many of the doctors I've seen. (Who doesn't have at least 10 of those stories?)

These lumps are deep inside my foot; I have to poke around on the bottom of my foot to find them, but it's not hard to find them. I blast off through he roof when I hit one. I was looking around on the Internet, and the closest "real name" I could find to describe this was plantar fibroma and/or Morton's neuroma. Has anyone heard of either one of those? The plantar fibroma description fits well, except that I *do* have pain -- plenty of it.