foot pain and numbness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pansygirl, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Hi
    Last night I stubbed my big toe ~(I'm part clutz) It hurt for quite a while and then seemed fine. There was more pain than I thought I should have had! This morning I woke up and I had a shooting pain through the middle of my foot and could barely walk! Has anyone had this happen and could the the two things be related??

Second question is I have numbness in my hands, feet, legs and arms??? It comes and goes ~ Is this related to just CFS or FM or both? I'm very confused right now. :)

Thanks for listening. :)

optimiss ~ I haven't had my arms, hands, legs or feet go totally to sleep but it sure feels like it would be easy for them to do that. [This Message was Edited on 06/29/2008]
  2. optimiss

optimiss New Member

Hi!
    I have had the tingling and numbness in my extremities for years. Since my FM and CFS symptoms began over 20 yrs. ago. For me it is a part of my illness and it makes sense really, since our CNS does not function properly. My hands bother me the most. When they are in any position for more than a couple of minutes they start to tingle and at night they "go to sleep" completely. I have to shake and massage my hands and forearms when I wake up every morning to get them functioning again.

My feet start tingling and my toes and front of my feet go numb when I stand still or sit in one position for long. It's just part of the deal for me and I've learned to accept it, like the many other "wonderful" symptoms that go with these illnesses!
    Sorry you have to deal with it too!

Jacque[This Message was Edited on 06/29/2008]
  3. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

optimiss ~ I have had this numbness feeling off and on since the start of my symptoms. I'm still new at this only having gotten sick in mid April. Although I have to say I'd rather feel the numbness than a muscle spasm and major pain that I have on a bad day........Smile
    You have dealt with a lot for 20 yrs. Hope that you have found some things that work for you to relieve or lessen your symptoms. Thanks for listening. :)

optimiss ~ I haven't had my arms, hands, legs or feet go totally to sleep but it sure feels like it would be easy for them to do that.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/29/2008]
  4. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I'm learning how to edit ~ sometimes computer's don't listen to me. :)

Jam thanks for the explanation about pain~ that makes sense ~ I'm still trying to learn all the terminology that goes with all the pain and strange things happening to my body. :)