Foot pain remedy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tamsyn, Jul 29, 2006.

1. tamsyn

tamsyn Member

Hi all, it's hot here in Ontario, and humid. Makes being in bed with a flare more uncomfortable than usual (no ac in my old house.)

Do any of you get awful foot pain (or hand)? I get it when I'm in flare -- like a hundred hot needles being continously jabbed into my feet for day after day. Anyway, I've just discoverd that a bag of frozen veggie (like peas or corn) gives relief if held between my feet-- and what a relief it is after days of pain. Gives a whole new meaning to the term 'corns on your feet' lol
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

The humidity makes me swell which in turn makes most if not all my joints hurt BUT if I get near a/c or a fan, even just walking by it for a second, the area it hits tenses and stiffens...

I can't win!!!

I could never even THINK about applying ice to any part of my body...When I twisted my ankle, the er doc told me to apply ice 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off...I walked out telling him I will only do the 15 minutes off due to my conditions...The look on his face was priceless...

Hope this weather breaks soon...It's evil!
  3. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I have had awful FM flairs in my feet, but my pain feels more like every little bone in my foot is breaking, and I cripple around like a 100 year old woman.

It'd be hard for me to take anything frozen on my feet though, because their freezing all the time anyway. Who knows, I may feel desperate enough to try it if I have another one of these flairs.

Barb