foot pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bukswife, Jul 6, 2003.

1. bukswife

bukswife New Member

hi...does anyone suffer from foot pain..i recently started to but only in one foot. they thought it was a stress fracture but its not. my foot and ankle constantly ache and it travels up to my knee. i have a difficult time walking and i work all do..at night it is real bad.

thanks

diane
  2. FranWi

FranWi New Member

I have heel spurs, as well as arch pain and shin pains which really make walking a nightmare for me. I work on concrete floors and some days I'm near tears with pain by the end of the day. I have to hang my feet over the end of the bed and do little stretches for some relief. Thick soles and inserts haven't resolved anything. Ibuprofen hasn't gotten rid of it. My doctor said something about shots, which I'm trying to avoid. Sorry I don't have the answers, but you're definitely not alone!

Fran
  3. JAP

JAP New Member

I suffer from foot pain in both feet. The doctors are not sure what is causing it. The bottoms of both feet hurt and it goes up to my ankles then into my legs. So far there isn't any medication that works. I'm in a wheelchair now. The side of both feet are swollen. I wish I could help you.

I will pray for you.

Judy
  4. 1fibrowife

1fibrowife New Member

MICKEY HAS LOTS OF FOOT PAIN ALSO. HE WAS AT THE POINT THAT HE COULD NOT WALK. THE PODIARIST HELP GREATLY. SHE PUT SPECIAL SOLES IN HIS SHOES. PUT HIM IN A WALKING CAST FOR SEVERAL WEEKS. HE HAS HEEL SPURS AND PLANTAR FASCHITIS (SP). HE TAKES NEURONTIN FOR NEUROPATHY.
  5. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

My feet scream out in pain every day. It feels like I'm walking on red hot broken glass! Last summer I bought a pair of knock-off Birkenstocks from LL Bean because they wer on sale, and was very pleased with them. After the summer was over I put them away for the season. This past 4 or 5 months my feet have gotten so bad I'm in tears when I try to walk. I remembered the sandals and pulled them out of my closet, ta-da! Instant relief. They had gotten pretty beat up last summer (my feet sweat like crazy). I looked at the Birkenstock web site and gasped at the prices, but I finally decided to give them a try. I highly recommend them. I honestly don't think I'll ever wear any other type of shoe. The foot bed distributes your weight and cushions your feet. Also they are actually designed to fit the human foot! Nothing rubs or pinches. I can actually be on my feet without as much pain for most of the day. Hooray for Birkies!
    Love and blessings
    Mar