foot pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jan5473, Sep 10, 2003.

1. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

I have constant pain in my feet and sometimes can barely walk on them. They seem to burn all the time and ache. I have to force myself to get up and walk to do anything. The constant pain and burning just drains my energy. At night I wrap them with supports to relieve the pain. I am afraid that will cause blood clots though. Soaking in the tub relieves it too(only while I am in the tub)---I fall asleep in the tub because of the relief it gives me. I just wonder if anybody else has this problem and is related to Fibro? If so, please give me some advice as to what I can to do get some relief. Thanks, Jan
  2. herblady

herblady New Member

i have developed foot pain over the last year. the biggest reason is my arthritis has invaded every little joint in my feet (you know there are quite a few). but what's driving me crazy right now it the ball of my right foot. i'm having pretty bad pain there when i walk. i don't know what the cause is. i do know some ways to make your poor feet feel better, though. one thing, wear a nice pair of very cusioned houseslippers at all times aslong as you can stay in the house. they relieve some of the pressure. when you are really suffering, though, soak your feet in a basin of hot (not too hot) water with either a mixture of epsom salts, baking soda and a bit of salt or even better dead sea salts. i prefer them. this really helps. when you're finished rub some camphor oil into them, concentrating on where it hurts most. then my favorite little secret weapon. have you seen those wooden footsie rollers? the ones with round pieces of wood that massage your feet when you roll them on it? i use that. just a couple of minutes on each foot and they feel so much better, they tingle and you can feel how much the circulation has increased. feels great. you know, most of use have a bit to much lymphatic fluid in our lower extremities. since the heart doesn't pump it, it has an even harder time than blood getting back up, circulating like it's supposed to. this will cause swelling and a tired sensation in the feet. anyway, this works for me, you might want to give it a try. cindi
  3. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

Thanks for all the great advice. I am going to try some of the remedies right now. Thanks again, Jan
  4. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

I, too, have problems with my feet, which has developed over the past year. They are always achy, and walking is slow and awkward, at times.

I, too, am going to look at past messages and get some ideas for this problem.

I hope we both find some relief for our achy feet.

Kindly,

Kim
  5. eanner

eanner New Member

I was diagnosed with fibro about 5 years ago, but I'm new to these message boards, so hope I'm doing it correctly! My problem all summer has been foot and mostly ankle pain. When I get out of bed in the morning I have to check my feet first to be certain that my ankles and feet will 'flex' well enough for me to walk! Also my feet (and hands) are often numb. I have fallen several times in the past few months because my ankles are stiff and my feet numb. But the Dr. doesn't believe its related to the fibro!! Does anyone else have the symptoms I'm having? I would love to make copies of any replies to take with me the next time I see him.
    Any help will be appreciated.
  6. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I certainly feel my feet problems are related to my FM. My podiatrist has diagnosed: planters faciitis, right ankle tarsal tunnel syndrome, bone spurs on bottom of both heels and back of 1 heal. My feet can feel; numb, muscles spasming and tingling all at the same time. I can't walk far without them acting up. Would gladly volunteer for feet transplant!
  7. amurtagh

amurtagh New Member

As you, I have the most bizarre pain in my feet. I think my family thinks it's all in my head (as they do with my other symptoms) Sometimes they ache and hurt to walk and on other days I get sharp almost excrutiating pain in my toes. I think it is so weird. I also get burning (i get burning all over my body). On bad days, the pain consumes me. Amitriptyline (sp?) really helps me. If I miss a dose - just one dose, I suffer royally. Have you tried taking this drug?

Amanda

[ advertisement ]