Foot Question.. Strange!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jewelz, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

I have been huring in my lower legs. I cleaned house and I knew I would suffer, but I had to do it. It was getting to look like a maze here. That night I went food shopping and my feet hurt so bad I had to stop and set in the floor. My feet swollen so bad my shoes would not fit!! They was super tight. Now I have like lumps after taking a water pill thinking it was retension of water. Did not help. Im so lost as to whats going on. My ankle looks 3 times the normal size. Really get frustrated cause fibro is enough to deal with. My mom wanted me to visit my family doc but Im not sure if thats serious enough for attention. I guess Im the type that unless im bleeding there shouldnt be any attention needed. The docs here from the fibro has made me just feel like "come back until your leg or arm is broke off".. ya know?

Thanks for listening.

Misty
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

But I think its best to see a doc on this one. If you ankle is swollen that big and the water pill didn't help then something else could be going on. Most of us have swelling from time to time thats a given but to be that bad sounds like there is more going on. I would take your Moms advice and see the doc ( we all hate'em I know) but it will not only help you find out whats going on but it will ease her mind as well. I hope that you get to feeling better
    best wishes

hugs,
    Jeanna
  3. Echos

Echos New Member

Hello Misty. Your mother is right. You need to see your physician. This could be a number of things. Deep-vein Thrombosis, infectious arthritis, sprain or strain, joint inflamation (gout, osteoarthritis). It could be something more important like a sign of congestive heart failure. Does the elevation of your ankle help at all?? Make the appointment or go to an urgent care facility if the pain and swelling continues. It don't have to bleed to be serious......have you had a recent streptococcal infection? Could you have fractured your ankle without knowing? Yes. Go see your doctor.
    Echos
  4. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

No elevation does not help. I do get a deep pain in both my feet. The only thing I really have is high blood pressure. I have had ekgs, echo all of that and it all looked pretty normal. I havent that I can recall injured it. But, I have had a big lump on the inside of the above arch that is kinda blue for a couple years now. I dont know if that is normal or not. Its about the size of 1/2 of a reg medicine bottle and about 1/2 inch out of the skin. I had my chroprator look at it he said it looked pretty normal. However I do have carpal tunnel in my wrist. Sometimes the swollen area on my foot is smooshy and other times its really hard. Pretty weird.
    One person told me it could be water on the ankle and he said its really painful and I really dont want that!! I endure enough already. Just scared.

Misty
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Please, please see a doctor for this one! An ankle 3x the normal size just doesn't sound right, doesn't sound like a FM symptom (though heaven knows we get a ton of very strange symptoms!) I know what you mean about lack of concern by docs for fibro issues, but I think most doctors would want you to come in for an ankle swollen that much. Please let us know what happens---hope it's nothing serious & you get better soon!

Hugs,
    Pam
  6. starstella

starstella New Member

and swelling more than justify a visit to the doc. just because you have fibro, it dosen't mean every symptom is fibro related.
  7. Echos

Echos New Member

Misty, this is not the fibro. You need to get your buns to the doctor. The lump that is 1/2 the size of med bottle, not normal. The lump could be a cist, but the swelling is not normal and a sign that you need to go to doctor and have this looked at. It at least requires x-rays. I once had a lady come in with her ankle and foot swollen and discolored. I asked her as I was x-raying it, if she remembers injuring it in any way. She said not at all. All she could remember was one week earlier, her foot and leg fell asleep and when she stood up on it she couldn't feel anything. The distal end of her tibia had a compound fracture. When she stood up while her foot was asleep, she didn't feel that she had put all her weight on her foot and ankle and it caused the fracture. This happens a lot. Not to say your's is fractured, just that anything can happen and you not realize it caused a problem. Go to your doctor, please.
    SWAK's,
    Echos
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I will do anything not to go to the doctor, but I do think everyone that responded to you is right. Just have him look at it. That won't hurt!!!

Let us know what he tells you.................

Shalom, Shirl