For Ad1123 Waited Too Long????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1975jet, Jun 24, 2006.

1. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

I noticed you said you applied for SSDI and waited too long.
    How long was too long? I gotta eat my pride (thanks Rockgor) and apply. I spoke to a lawyer last week and he will help me if I need it. Gotta do it.

Hugs
    Janet
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I waited a little over 2 years after I stopped working, to apply for Disability.

I had to go to the SSI doctor, because I only had reports from a few doctors (the SSI doctor was excellent, and recommended disability payments), and then, after everything I was told that I did qualify for disability, but because I had waitd over 2 years, I would not receive any money. I could start Medicare early and that was all. I got only 2 months, by that time, because I turned 65. Try to get as much as you can, because Disability payments are reduced at 65, and , since the cost of living keeps on going up, things can get difficult..

If I did not have my tiny early retirement pension from teaching, I would be in a really bad state, bacause I only get $84.00 a month from Social Security, and most of that goes to pay for Medicare.(There is a formula for teachers, so I would not have received the full amount in any case, but I would have received a whole lot more).

I think it is good that you have a lawyer. It never occurred to me to get one, and I was too sick, anyway. I wish you the best of luck.

Good wishes,
    Terry
  3. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Sorry to hear that, How long did you work and pay into SSD?
    I just can't believe it or should I say the government is like dealing into a journey of frustration....

I want to see my therapist Wed. than I'm going to get my papers from SSD- I should have started this end of last year- BUT pride held me back I guess.

Can you get help with medicaid or something?
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Well, I was a teacher, and teachers don't get Social Security, I did extra jobs and earned my 40 credits.

I have medical insurance that I pay over $400.00 a month for, from my school district. I'm keeping it as long as I can, because my perscriptions are so expensive. It is the best deal for me. Because of my pension, I dont qualify for Medicaid, or anythong like that.

Im making it, O.K.. I just don't go shop for clothes or take vacations. I live a quiet life, anyway. I'm grateful for what I do have, and am happy living up here in the mountains, in my cute little vacation cabin.

Again, Good luck.
    Terry