For all our Veterans~

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jole, Nov 11, 2008.

1. jole

jole Member

Today is the day to remember all the veterans for their service and sacrifice for our country. If you know a veteran, please stop and thank them. If you are a veteran, I give you my utmost respect and admiration.

My husband, son and son-in-law all served- one during the Korean and Vietnam wars, one during Desert Storm, and one in Bosnia. I personally know of the hardship, trials and long-lasting effects these wars have on the soldiers and their families.

None of "my" soldiers regret a day of their service time, and if possible, would serve again. If we all had their spirit of "Love for Country", I guarantee we wouldn't be in the financial upheaval we're now in. Too bad more of our Government officials didn't spend time for their country.

Again, please thank a Veteran today. Love to all***Jole***
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I have an uncle who was blown up in WW Two, and had two male friends safely come back from Viet Nam and commit suicide. I have a friend who was a Green Beret, and he suffers daily with severe pain and complications from his war wounds and plate in his head.

And think how many men and women are walking around in pain, mental and physical for doing their duty, and giving so much.

Bless all our veterans.
  3. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

You took the words right out of my mouth Jole. Hooray for all the veterans, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for all those brave, unselfish men and women.

Please tell your husband, son, and son in law thank you from the bottom of my heart and I hope they are enjoying their day today, they deserve it.

Thank you for honoring them on the Chit Chat Board Jole!!!!!!

Love ya

4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

So many walking around to whom we owe so much.

Thank you and thank all those who are now serving.