For All Sketics!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bellavida2010, May 7, 2010.

1. bellavida2010

bellavida2010 New Member

For those of you, I am in no way trying to change your mind on how you feel about Detox Foot Baths you have already set your minds to them being scams. Here is a site you can go
    to read some positive results.

Since I don't want anyone to be getting overly excited (I don't want to feel responsible for people taking on stress about this and it's not good for anyone's health to discuss this topic further I decided I will not post on this anymore!!!

You All Have A Nice Day!!![This Message was Edited on 05/07/2010]
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Bellavida, I'm surprised that you have changed your mind about detox foot baths. Yesterday you were so positive that they were currative, and now today you are giving us a link to a website that supports our claim that they are bunk. What caused you to change your mind overnight?

Just a few highlights from the link you supplied us.

1 - We also found a wealth of information claiming the Detox Foot Bath is a scam.

2 - What we cannot find is a single informative article or treatise, no clinical tests or trials, from a reputable source or authority which demonstrates, proves, or even suggests a benefit from an Ion / Foot Detox Bath, other than the general feeling of well-being which comes from soaking the feet in hot water.

3 - Hayley Riccio, 17, of Palm Springs has been on a regular program of foot baths for the past six weeks. Prior to visiting Spa-tacular Health, she was in poor health. "I was bent over and crying, the pains in my stomach were so strong," she said. "Sometimes I couldn't sleep from all the pain." She visited a host of conventional doctors and was given a number of tests, though not one could find a problem. Venturella believed Riccio was suffering from candida, an infection said to cause severe immune system malfunction. "After about a week, I saw a huge difference from before," Riccio said. She also eliminated wheat, dairy and sugar from her diet. "I've been feeling great ever since."

That excerpt actually stopped us mid-sentence and we burst out laughing. Isn't it fairly safe to assume -- and even probable -- that the restored feeling of well-being Hayley felt was the result of eliminating wheat, dairy and sugar from her diet, and had less to do with foot baths? It's just like saying "Ever since I started using ACME toothpaste, my teeth feel SO much better. Oh, and I also stopped chewing rocks."

4 - But Watchdog took this idea to science expert Dr Ben Goldacre, who wasn't impressed. He said: "It has nothing to do with toxins. It's just basic chemistry - electrolysis. The water goes brown because metal electrodes are rusting in a salt water bath." So even if you don't put your feet in the water, it would still turn brown. Goldacre even demonstrated the process with some salt water, a car battery and a Barbie doll. Even Barbie turned the water brown.

3. bellavida2010

bellavida2010 New Member

Of course you would stop reading right where it says its a scam!!! Read further to positive feed back! And no never will I change my mind since it helped me to get off painkillers and antidepressants.
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Bellavida - Honey, it would appear that it was you who didn't read the article. Did you click on the "read our response" link? I'm guessing not. Yes, a nice foot soak feels good, but it doesn't cure anything except maybe tired, aching feet.

You have yet to show us even one article proving that foot detox works. Testimonials and positive feed back are not scientific and carry no weight. Getting a few friends or associates to write a glowing review is hardly proof. Show us something from Pubmed, Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins, etc.

Did you read any of the links that were provided within the article?

1 - Stephen Lower is a retired faculty member of the Dept of Chemistry, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby / Vancouver, Canada. He sets out to debunk the bunk because "Chemistry is my favorite subject, and I hate to see it misused to rip people off." He tells us the following:

To someone who knows no chemistry, it can be quite impressive to see all these evil substances color the water various shades of brown, green, and blue as the current works its magic... Well, this is an old parlor trick, a nice chemistry-classroom demonstration, and, of course, a highly profitable scam.

Of course, it always feels good to rest your tired feet in a container of warm water, and the slight tingling sensation caused by the low-voltage current might even be rather pleasant. But the stuff about drawing "toxins" out of your body is pure bunk. That's the job of your kidneys, which are exquisitely suited to this task.

Some sites show pictures of what they purport to be blood cells before and after treatment, implying that the cells become less entangled or clumped together. Don't be fooled by this nonsense, which is usually attributed to un-named "doctors" and has never been reported in the reputable scientific literature.

Read Dr. Lower's complete article

>>>As you can see in the picture in the upper left, I have a 12 volt battery charger, with two electrodes, one of copper, and the other of steel (a piece of copper pipe, and a nail). In the beaker is room-temperature filtered water with added sea salt (what most peddlers of these products recommend). After only a couple of minutes at most, the water in the beaker appeared as shown in the picture at the upper right: Yellow, with black flakes, and "floaties".

All of this was conducted Without Feet in the water.<<<

read complete article:

A scam is a scam and you are busted!!

5. purple_pixie_dust

purple_pixie_dust New Member

If this is such a scam, why is it that the well known LLMD Dietrich Klinghardt (remember him from the Lyme documentary, Under Our Skin) has in his treatment protocol under self help a recommendation for Toxaway ionic foot bath??

Dr. Klinghardt's Treatment of Lyme Disease
    Excerpted From the Writings of Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, Ph.D., edited by Eve Greenberg, LPC, CN, Explore Staff Reporter and Director of the Klinghardt Academy of Neurobiology

Besides Klinghardt, Perry Fields, the Lyme coach also recommends these foot baths.