For all suffering females: Acid reflux and periods

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dorabella, Nov 30, 2005.

1. dorabella

dorabella New Member

I was just wondering if any of you suffering from reflux or GERD find that your symptoms are worse before the monthly inconvenience!

I've found generally that my FM becomes irritable for about a week before and a week after, and lately the acid reflux seems to be going along in tandem with the Fm flares?

Seems like my whole system is churning up at the moment.

2. dorabella

dorabella New Member

3. Gagirl2

Gagirl2 New Member

Maybe it is just a whole body thing. Most of the time the Fm acts up before and after, But lately the Gerd is awful.....
  4. Gagirl2

Gagirl2 New Member

Maybe it is just a whole body thing. Most of the time the Fm acts up before and after, But lately the Gerd is awful.....
  5. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

6. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

I find that when my hormones are changing the reflux is
    worse along with the fibro/CFS symptoms. When I was pregnant
    I had bad reflux at times also.

Dreamharp
  7. SherylD

SherylD Guest

EVERYTHING is worse around that time.. I have been telling the Dr. that forever!! Wish I didn't have to deal with it every month.

My reflux was really bad when I was pg with my Daughter... And it has really never gone away. That was 6 years ago!!

I have been taking meds. for it but I swear it just gets worse and worse.

I think it is worse when it is that time of the month and when I get really really tired at night.

Take Care,
    SherylD
  8. dorabella

dorabella New Member

Thanks for replies - I'm not alone in this.

Mine seems worse during the day, but eases off in the evening. Maybe it's the additional stress of being at work and bent over a desk which helps to exacerbate the reflux in addition to everything else.