For all that have no insurance. How do you get the tests we need?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Jul 16, 2008.

  1. keke466

    keke466 New Member

    I don't have any insurance and I do need some tests but can't afford it so I was wondering what I can do. I'm not eligible for medicaid or anything that I know of. I'm still working PT. What do you do when you need something done or need to see another dr?
  2. marti_zavala

    marti_zavala Member

    I used the local county's indigent care program to get free medical care since I did not qualify for Medicaid. If you need financial help to see doctors, find out if your area has this type of program. You could contact a public hospital and ask them if they are aware of any programs like the one I was on, offered by your city, county, or state. I had to submit financial information and a denial from Medicaid, so that was my first step and quite easy. You must see doctors to build a documented case for your claim.

    So, I got the help I needed and medical documentation for SSDI.


[ advertisement ]