for all women with fms/cfs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tes, Oct 15, 2002.

1. tes

tes New Member

I was just wondering if any women has worse flare ups about a week or so before their menstral periods. I've noticed that my symptoms get worse and unbearable. My entire rib cage dibilates me, my stomach aches like crazy and my arms and legs ache like hell(I normally don't suffer with this symptom to often). I feel horrible. I would like to hear any helpful info on this matter.
    Take care and keep smilin!
    Tes
  2. tes

tes New Member

I was just wondering if any women has worse flare ups about a week or so before their menstral periods. I've noticed that my symptoms get worse and unbearable. My entire rib cage dibilates me, my stomach aches like crazy and my arms and legs ache like hell(I normally don't suffer with this symptom to often). I feel horrible. I would like to hear any helpful info on this matter.
    Take care and keep smilin!
    Tes
  3. TracyV

TracyV New Member

My doctor told me many of his female pations have more pain that time of the month also. Our hormones affect us so much, the past year my hormones have really gotten out of control, and gotten to the point they have cause me phyical pain and family problems. I have an appointment for a phyical Thrusday, and this is something that will be addressed. Me and my doctor are pretty sure I'm pre meunopasal, I've tried the over the counter products this past month, they have not helped much. I said something to my husband about the pms problems and pain the other day, and he's like it seems like it's all time. He wasn't saying it mean or spiteful, but it's gotten to the point it starts 2 weeks before Aunt Flo rears her ugly head. So it's 50% of the time. I use the be the girl that couldn't understand why some girls had to miss school or work just because of cramps, boy I've come to learn understanding the hard way! I'm so frustrated by it all.
    Hugs,
    Tracy
    [This Message was Edited on 10/15/2002]
  4. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

Tes, yes, I have noticed much more pain/aches/tiredness and extreme moodiness unlike I have ever known. I just shared with another about my starting Wellbutrin because my Pms has become unbearable. I am hoping along with the Neurontin I can get back to feeling like myself... I also began having a very sharp pain under my arm in my right breast during that horrible time of the month. so.... we will see.. God bless.. Take care Barb
  5. sb439

sb439 New Member

I've many times got much worse before my period. The good thing is, once I figured this out, I knew it would get better after ... . However, it doesn't always happen to me, mainly when I'm under stress as well, I think
    Susanne
  6. BethM

BethM New Member

I'm due tonight or tomorrow, and the past couple of days to a week have been like dragging through quicksand. Everything that can hurt does hurt, my body temperature has been fluctuating up and down, mostly up, various muscles have been spasming, and now I have cramps, too. The only way I can deal with this is knowing that it will all calm down on Day 2, and take more pain meds. My pain med usage goes up premenstrually. I know because I've tracked it. I'm at work anyway, because there is no one to replace me if I'm not here. (I hate being indispensible)

So, yes, being premenstrual is bad enough, adding FMS to the pot makes it awful. (OK, you caught me on a bad day to answer this question... I don't usually have this much attitude!)

Hormones are interesting critters, aren't they? Makes me wonder just how much of FMS is controlled by our hormones, and just how out of whack are they for us FM'ers?

Peace,
    Beth.