For all You Fishing Lovers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fibromickster, Aug 6, 2008.

1. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

My profile picture shows my daughter with her 7 pounder, 21 inch long Bass that she caught when she went fishing with her Grandpa.

From a proud Mama
  2. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

That's a beautiful bass !

Reminds me of the days I was healthy enough to go fishin' and catch fish like that.

I'd give my eye teeth for a chance to enjoy a delicious meal of bass again !

Blessings ,

b/c
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Mickey
    That's a Big one that didn't get away!,,,,lolol,,,, bet your girl is proud too!,,,,I love to watch the fishing shows where they catch the big ones and then show them to you and then release them back into the water!

Tell her Good Job!,,,,,,,Sis
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

We were bass fishing last week and my DH caught a 5 lb, 20 inch long one! They are beautiful fish. My biggest was a small mouth about 3 lbs. We turned him loose to grow up some more! The big one we ate!

Bill - The way I fish is pretty easy. My DH puts the boat in the water, helps me in, puts the lures on (most of the time cuz my hands just don't work that well!), drives the boat and takes my fish off. He even gets me unsnagged if I get hung up! I call it "girlie" fishing!

I used to do it all myself, except with trout instead of bass. Used to love to walk the stream by myself or sit by the lake with the dog. Now it's all I can do to get down to the dock so my DH can help me in and out of the boat. But I still love it!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

BTW, Bill, we were at Scooteney near Connell last weekend. Beautiful campground and you can camp right beside the lake. Very easy access to everything there which really helped. I think we are going back there this weekend. I could actually use a weekend at home, very tired from last weekend, but DH is going to work for a neighbor during corn harvest so after Labor Day no more camping probably until Spring![This Message was Edited on 08/06/2008]
  5. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

I've been to Scooteney. Small & large mouth bass , crappie , trout , perch , walleye , in that reservoir. Probably a few more species there I haven't caught or forgot. (I didn't count the sunfish.....mini-bluegills..or carp....yuck.....lol. ) It is a pretty and nice place to go fishing.

I've found that the bass between 3/4 and 4 lbs to be the best eating size for bass. Walleye are excellent to eat too ! Although I've caught a couple of muddy-tasting ones from O'Sullivan......

I have a great fishing boat...(17' Bass Tracker)....But.....I don't feel good enough to drive very far , can't afford a fishing license , motor needs about $80 in parts to fix it , and can't afford the gas to drive very far. Although I finally got approved for SSD , it's not enough to cover my "basic" expenses.

I don't want an "I'm sorry" , just stating the facts.

No brag , just fact......I've most likely released more fish than many people have caught.....I had a knack. But , I didn't have the "killer-instinct" to be a pro. I just loved to fish !

If I had some way to contact you , I'd share some lures & techniques that worked great on Scooteney!

I fished in one tourney and was the leader on the 1st day. Other people were so "competitive" on the 2nd day that I just pulled out & left. They took the fun out of it for me.

I prefer to fish for fun & good food.

Blessings ,

b/c
    [This Message was Edited on 08/06/2008]
  6. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Boy, you and my daughter would get along great. She loves anything to do with the outdoors and doesn't care about getting dirty, touching worms, etc.....

I really don't know where she gets that from. She also has her license for bowhunting and uses a shotgun to hunt sometimes. That is what we bought her for a graduation present.

By looking at her, you would think she is a model and there is no way she does what she does. LOL I love that about her, she is a country girl at heart. That is for sure.
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I know what you mean about not being able to do the things we used to. It SUCKS! If it wasn't for my DH I wouldn't be able to do this stuff either.

Just when I think he doesn't notice the trouble I'm having he does something like he did yesterday. We (he) had a terrible time lighting the pilot light for the water heater last week. He had me hold down the button that opens the gas while he tried to get it to light in the wind. I had to use both hands and my hands were shaking by the time I let go and a "neighbor" helped him.

Last night he said "say thank-you" so I did. He made a wooden block that he can use to "automatically" hold the button down so I won't have to. What a guy.

Would be great to get together and swap lies, oops, I mean stories! We catch and release most of the time. If we can't eat it within 48 hours we let it go.

Maybe we can hook up on chat and exchange email addresses. Since I'm at work that can be tough, but I'll watch for when you are on here and maybe we can do that.

Hugs
    Greenbean
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Hello again!

You say your Daughter is a country girl and looks like a model!,,,,we have something in common there!,,,,,My oldest and youngest are just like that too!,,,,the oldest Tanya more though,,,she loves the kyaking,,,,rock climbing,,,mountian biking,,,thing,,,,,,,Berrie picking,,,all the stuff i wish i could do!

Kym the youngest is into running and hiking and New clothes,,,,etc,,,arne't we lucky to have such wonderful Girls!,,,,,I can tell that you are a Great Mom Too!,,,,,,,,,,Bless you!,,,,,,Sis
  9. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

But , I'm working on some ideas that MAY make it easier to exchange info. I tried to get on live chat today and it wouldn't load. I'm not very good at live chat anyway.....

When I'm doing better , I'll try to see if my ideas will be workable. It will take a little time to work things out.

If I feel good enough , I'll try to start things rolling after this reply. If not , I'll start as soon as I can.

Blessings ,

b/c
  10. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Fishing trip for this week is off :(. Supposed to have 25 MPH winds tomorrow. We're gonna try again the 22nd and DH said we may go Labor Day weekend. He will go up on Thursday with the boat and motorhome and I will go Friday afternoon as I get off at noon that day.

Now I have no excuse not to clean out the little bedroom other than I don't want to!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  11. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

Here's an excuse for you......you have to plan & get things ready for the fishing trip ! lol

Blessings ,

b/c
  12. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

Check out the garden thread here <on this Chit Chat Board> for the interesting gardening forum I found and am a member of...I received limited permission to post info about it on this forum.... If you are very conservative , at least approach it with an open mind.

I'm "conservative" and I like it.

Blessings ,

b/c

Blessings ,

b/c
  13. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member