For all

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by latracy, Nov 14, 2002.

1. latracy

latracy New Member

I found this comment while surfing, and I just wondered how many of you have described your pain this way?

A common question asked by rheumatologists of their patients is, "How do you feel in the morning?" This question may refer to morning stiffness from inflammatory joint disease or restoration from the night's sleep in fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is common (2% to 5% of the population in a recent study[1]) and underdiagnosed as a cause of chronic fatigue, achiness, cognitive dysfunction, and irritability.[2] Approximately 2 years ago, one of us (L.H.S.) noted that fibromyalgia patients often responded to this question with the answer, "I feel like I was hit by a Mack
    truck"; some did not specify the truck manufacturer, and others substituted bus or train. We determined the frequency and specificity of this finding, which could be referred to as the "18-wheeler" sign, as a clue in the diagnosis of fibromyalgia.

(It may not be an scientific way to diagnosis FM, but it certainly explains how I feel.) Latracy
  2. latracy

latracy New Member

I found this comment while surfing, and I just wondered how many of you have described your pain this way?

A common question asked by rheumatologists of their patients is, "How do you feel in the morning?" This question may refer to morning stiffness from inflammatory joint disease or restoration from the night's sleep in fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is common (2% to 5% of the population in a recent study[1]) and underdiagnosed as a cause of chronic fatigue, achiness, cognitive dysfunction, and irritability.[2] Approximately 2 years ago, one of us (L.H.S.) noted that fibromyalgia patients often responded to this question with the answer, "I feel like I was hit by a Mack
    truck"; some did not specify the truck manufacturer, and others substituted bus or train. We determined the frequency and specificity of this finding, which could be referred to as the "18-wheeler" sign, as a clue in the diagnosis of fibromyalgia.

(It may not be an scientific way to diagnosis FM, but it certainly explains how I feel.) Latracy
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Yes, that is exactly how I feel when I wake up, like I was hit by a 'Mac' truck, aka Eighteen Wheeler.

Then when I manage to feel awake, its like I am groping through the Louisiana Fog out in the swamps!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I have heard it time and again in my brief dance with this "dis...ease". The Mack truck frequents my house, and sometimes brings his buddy the Peterbilt.
    "10-4 Good Buddy, Ive got your back door--put the pedal to the metal, and roll on over to Karen's 10-20"
    Catch ya on the Flip Side!
    Karen
  5. karen55

karen55 New Member

I'm right there with you in the Louisiana fog......literally and figuratively.......
  6. latracy

latracy New Member

Ladies, I live in the heart of Louisiana and the fog is nothing when compared to the Fibro Fog I live with daily. I just want to laugh sometimes and thought this would may many of us crack a smile. Latracy
  7. LindaGa

LindaGa New Member

Then Georgia Fog must be a dozzy!For the life of me I cant get out of it today LOL. LindaGa
  8. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

My sentiments exactly.......

LOVE
    HOB
  9. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

Peterbilt, whatever other kind there is. Who can we report these terrible drivers to? LOL... I had some other good one liners, but the Fog got me first. Sorry! Lisa