~~~~~For Alyndra~~~~~

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ilovecats94, Oct 13, 2005.

1. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hi Amanda,
    Just saw the current photo of Qwanto. I'm soooo happy to see she is doing so well. I can see the tiny feathers coming in. That is just great news. Since you know the Elavil is working, wonder what the dx was for her? Wonder if it was OCD, depression, etc? Oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter as long as she is happy now.

I really didn't realize how small the parrotlets were until I saw that pic of one by the egg. Wow, they are tiny...

Taijo looks great and I hope that in time, Qwanto gets all her feathers back and is just as nice looking as her birdfriend is. :)

Spike is a handsome devil. Seems by his pic he knows that too. What a bunch of happy looking birds.

I know how relieved you are now that Qwanto is doing so well. You don't need the stress of her having problems.

Take care and hope you are having a low pain day.

Hugs,
    Faye

2. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Now that she's gettin' her feathers back and doesn't need to cuddle into her blanket anymore for warmth - she's EVERYWHERE!! Right now she's running around on the kitchen floor playing with a cat ball. It's the size of her and has a bell in it and she just LOVES IT!

Putting her on the floor seems to be the only way I don't have to keep picking her toys up off the floor. She's exactly like a toddler! The only game she wants to play is the one where mommy has to pick things up and chase her around.

Size wise, it's easy to understand why people call them 'pocket parrots' once you see a picture of them.

Final diagnosis was OCD, I'm assuming. At least that's what it says on the $380 Vet bill :( Doc says if this med keeps helping her, I'll be looking around $80 monthly for the prescription.

Sure I complain about how much she's spolied and making me go broke, but when it comes down to it; I wouldn't have it any other way! ;)
    ~Amanda