For angelheart

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheryl, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

Hi angelheart,
    I too am in the Milwaukee area, Brown Deer. It is so nice to meet you. Do you know of any support groups in the area? Thanks for writing.

Hugs,
    Sheryl
  2. angelheart

angelheart New Member

Hi Sheryl,

I live in Franklin, WI. And no I have not found any support groups yet. I did find one but only had a home address and no phone #. However, that was some time ago so can't even remember how I found it! The memory just isn't the same since FM ya know? I was wondering if you work outside the home? I work full time at an office and it is getting increasingly more difficult for me.

Maybe together we can find a support group in our area!

Blessings,

Kelly (Angelheart)
  3. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

No, I don't work outside the home, but I have been taking care of a little girl since Sept., now 1 1/2 yrs. old. It's been a hard adjustment. I think it would be great to try and find a support group together. Any ideas of how we start. Hope to hear back and thanks for responding.

Sheryl
  4. angelheart

angelheart New Member

Hi Sheryl:

I am having a rotten day. So many symptoms at one time and I am at work. How I wish I could lay down. Anyway, on a better cognitive day I will research the Support Group thing. One quick question for you though--have you found a good Dr. in the Milwaukee area that understands FM? I have a Primary and a Rheumy. Both are just ok, but I don't feel that either are that knowlegeable. I am only on Guaifensin, no other meds. due to bad reactions to most meds. Just curious about the dr. because I went through several doctors before I found the ones I have now. Some were so awful and I had some of the nightmare stories you hear on this board.

Ta for now!

Kelly
  5. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

that you're having a bad day. It has to be so hard to work outside the home. I had a great doctor who just left the clinic in November. I haven't been in to see his replacement yet. I need to go soon as meds are running out. To tell the truth, I am very nervous to see someone new and learn his opinion of FMS. Am afraid he will want to give me different meds but mine are working for me. I also had back surgery about 2 yrs. ago and have pain from that too. Feel like I am starting all over. Is it wrong to start your first visit with a demanding attitude if you feel the new doc wants to change too much?

Hope your day gets better,
    Hugs,
    Sheryl

6. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

For Angelheart!