for anyone on fibro!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by munchkin, Mar 15, 2003.

1. munchkin

munchkin New Member

Hi All<

Does CFS come with fibro, or can you just have Fibro? I don't have CFS, but I'm real sure I have Fibro.

Please let me know!

Thanks,

Munchkin
  2. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Some come with a mixed bag--others with just Fibro or CFS symptoms. I have been dx'ed with both, as I have met the criteria for both. There are many who fit the criteria of only one.
    Experts don't always agree---some say they are part of the same disorder, others disagree and say they are separate.

Best wishes,LL[This Message was Edited on 03/15/2003]
  3. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

Hi munchkins, I don't know for sure,I mean I've never heard of it being documented anywhere,but I think you can have other deseases along with the Fibro and or CFS .The reason I say this is this.I was DX'ed with Rheumatoid Arthritis when I was 25 yr's old.I'm now 59 yr's old.I really believe that I have had Fibro for far many more years than the RA but no one ever knew it,or should I say about it.I was DX'ed with Fibro in 1990,but I've had Doctors that have told me that I can't possible have Fibro because it's a desease that there are no test for and since the test showed RA,then it's RA that I have and not fibro.I've had doctors that have said I have both. I personally know I have both..2 Rheumatologist have said I have both and I believe that ,but One of the internal med Doctors I had said not.Sorry this is so long.just did'nt know how to say it in a shorter version.God Bless Danisue
    [This Message was Edited on 03/15/2003]
  4. bejo

bejo New Member

I've been diagnosed with fibro,RA,and OA, but not CFS.It doesn't seem like there is any pattern to what and how many different kinds of arthritis you can have.I had a DR. tell me that arthritis is like a "little" rust on a truck.Once it starts it just keeps comeing.
    bejo
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Yes, you can have just Fibro and not CFS. I have had Fibro for over twenty years, but not CFS.
    They do have overlapping symptoms though. I do get the fatigue sometimes, but it only lasts a few days at the most.

I also have IBS, sinus attacks, Fog, and a few other symptoms that seem to go both ways (mine are mostly under control right now).

With Fibro you usually have a serious deep sleep problem, CFS seems to make you sleepy, just the opposite of Fibro.

As for the medical profession, I think they are still in the dark as to the reason for either one of these illnesses, and some would like to bundle them together. But I personally think that even though they are sinilar in some ways, they are completely different in others.

You should read; 'Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome, A Survival Manual' by Devin Starlanyl,MD.

This is a doctor that has Fibro, and she explains the illness very well, and also the difference between both CFS and Fibro. I have read many books on this, and I still think hers is the best.

Shalom, Shirl

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is a great amount of discussion in research circles regarding whether CFS and FMS are really the same illness at different stages. One even suggested that CFS can be the trigger for FMS. There is a lot of overlap in symptoms, but each has a distinct area of symptoms. If someone has most all the symptoms of both, I would suggest that person has both illnesses. In that case, like me, both illnesses need to be treated.

The Guai has been of tremendous benefit in treating my FMS. The Doxycycline has been of great benefit in treating my CFS. The Klonopin has been of great benefit in treating both. Of the two conditions, I find the CFS to be the most debilitating.

Love, Mikie
  7. munchkin

munchkin New Member

Thanks so much for the info on fibro/cfs. I haven't been able to see a doc yet but i know for a fact i have fibro.

Thanks again,

Munchkin
  8. munchkin

munchkin New Member

Thanks for info on fibro/cfs. I know for a fact i have fibro i know i don't have cfs. I always thought they went together.

Take Care,

Munchkin
  9. munchkin

munchkin New Member

MIKIE,

Thanks for the info on fibro/cfs. I will get that book on fibro too and read it.

Take Care,

Munchkin