For anyone on GUAI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by klutzo, Dec 28, 2002.

1. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I just ordered my first bottle of Guai tablets and am confused about some things. Attempts to get into the Guai Support Archives for answers only produced error messages, so I hope some of you can help me.
    The literature says we cannot take plant extracts in supplements or on our skin, or use Stevia for sweetner because it is a plant. In addition, we can't touch plants with our skin when gardening. Logically, that means we should eat no vegetables or salads while on the Guai. I can't see the difference, can you? If so, please explain to me, why I can touch spinach in my kitchen when making a salad, and even eat it, but I can't touch the spinach growing in my garden! There is no way I'm giving up vegetables. The guaidoc website says the sals in our food are handled by some substance internally, so why would that not apply to using herbs internally or using Stevia? I do not see the distinction. Can someone help me?
    Also, does anyone know of a multivitamin that is acceptable?
    Thanks so much,
    Klutzo
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This question comes up all the time as it would seem to be counterintuitive to not be able to take supplements and yet be able to eat veggies and fruit.

When we eat veggies and fruits, we get very few sals and what we do get is taken care of by the digestive system. Supplements, on the other hand, contain concentrated forms of plants and are loaded with sals.

Anything which touches our skin is rapidly absorbed and again, lotions contain concentrated forms of plants. I don't wear gloves when picking a few herbs to cook with, but if I'm setting out plants or trimming a bush, I wear gloves.

BTW, if you take a calcium tablet with your meals, your system will pull even more phosphates out of your body and will excrete them through the intestines instead of the kidneys. It's a way to take some of the workload off the kidneys and speed up the process. It ain't bad for the bones either.

Love, Mikie
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Book has not arrived yet. Your answer makes some sense. I guess I'll have to buy some pancreatin to replace my plant sourced digestive enzymes as well. I can't eat without enzymes, but Pancreatin is from pigs, so it should be OK.
    Klutzo
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The enzymes made from papaya are an exception and OK to use. I can't remember where I read it in the book, but I'm pretty sure it's in there.

Love, Mikie