For anyone who gets eyelid twitches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elliespad, Dec 4, 2005.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

There is a brief article in Dr. Ben Kim's newletter today on twitching eyelids. The following is a cut and paste of the summation of the article.

Aside: in clinical terms, your brain, brain stem, and spinal cord are referred to as upper motor neurons. Your peripheral nerves - the temporal branch of your facial nerve in this example - are referred to as lower motor neurons. Twitching eye muscles are referred to as fasciculations and are a common sign of lower motor neuron problems, which usually get better on their own with proper rest and a healthy diet.

2. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have been having eye twitches, even when sleeping so my husband says and was wondering what it could be..I thought it might just be another part of this DD..
    Since it didn't hurt or cause anxiety I just ignored it..

So, thanks for the info it was very imformative...

greatgran
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

and thanks for the interesting information. I used to get eye twitches a lot, but haven't had them in some time. Sounds like I have improved in this regard.

Ellen
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Yes, facial twitching is quite common in FM. I had them for years, my eyes, lips, and just parts of my face would twitch, very irritating.

After I started taking ZMA (zinc, magnesium, vitamin B-6), all the twitching stopped after about two weeks. That is almost three years ago.

Give magnesium a try, most of us are deficient in this wonderful mineral.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

but in my case I think it was linked to taking Klonopin (for sleep) as it didn't start till about 6 weeks after taking 1/2 the smallest dose (can't remember mg right now)...

I quit taking it after it kept getting worse, and it took 5 months or so to slowly stop... After a few months I tried it a couple of times for sleep, but twitching came back immediately every time, and took a few weeks to subside.

Klonopin really helped me to sleep, but I can only conclude that was it, sigh... just another atypical reaction to a drug...

like ibuprofen messes with my being able to speak the right words and in the right order... and even to type... had to correct this several times, but only thing that takes sinus dental pain away (nope, no infection either).

V