For Asatrump

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Oct 21, 2006.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I wanted to share a quote from this book I have mentioned before by Philip Yancy called "Where Is God When It Hurts". It takes me forever to read a book because I am usually out to eat when I read so I have been going very slow on this one. Here is the quote:
    "A story is told about the great composer Beethoven, a man not known for social grace. His deafness made conversation difficult and humiliating for him. When he learned of the death of a friend's son Beethoven, overcome with grief, hurried to the griever's home. He had no words of comfort to offer. But he saw a piano in the room, and went to it. For the next half hour he played the piano, pouring out his emotions in the most expressive way he knew. After he had finished playing he left. The friend later remarked that no one else's visit had meant so much."

Your playing that Sunday was an expression of emotion for all of us. Even though we couldn't hear your beautiful music the caring and intent touched all of us across the country.

On a lighter note (no pun intended) it does sound like we have some things in common. Guess what my new version of a hot tub is???????????? You may know that I got in a bad car accident this summer and my car was totaled. I couldn't afford a new car but I did get a very nice three year old car with all the bells and whistles. It has heated seats and a sunroof. Both of these things I have never had before. Today and on some rather brisk days I open the sunroof completely and with the heated seats it is sort of like a hot tub. Ha. At least I have a wild imagination. I think the Lord is pleased whereever we pray and whatever we look like. God forbid anyone would see me in the nude praying. LOL

How are you doing by the way? I have sensed you being rather quite lately. Are you doing ok? I pray for you quite a bit. You take care and don't slip in that hot tub. Can you imagine if the paramedics had to come. LOL

Love,
    Nancy
  2. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Here we were joking about you falling in the hottub. I just heard from my sister who lives downstate that her neighbor, whose husband died this year, missed the last step going into her basement. She couldn't get back up and layed there for over 24 hours. My sister, who is always putzing around in her yard was outside and noticed this neighbor's garage door still up. Anyway she found her and called 911. She said mentally the lady was ok and they didn't think there was anything broken. That scares me. I have often thought about me doing that very thing and how many days it would take for someone to realize something was wrong. If it happened when I wasn't working I would lay here for days possibly as I come and go and am very independent and don't often see my neighbors for days.

I haven't felt great today. I got to Sunday school and started to feel dizzy and nauseated. I then slept through most of church. Not a great day. I came home and slept all afternoon and then felt worse. I overdid yesterday and am making up for it today I think. I have to get recharged for another work week. I have a band concert coming with my junior high band in November and parent conferences and report cards so I am entering the HIGH STRESS ZONE. This has been a challenging group but we are finally getting in a groove now I think. It seems each year we have more behavioral and emotional issues to deal with much more than in years past. With some classes to actually get to teach some music is quite a feat trying to diffuse all the little fires that creep up. It certainly keeps me on my toes that is for sure. Well I am glad you enjoyed the post. I would imagine that it would be very hard for you on Sunday mornings. I am sure that there are many, many people that enjoyed your playing and never ever said a word. People tend to be like that. The Bible certainly has examples of that. Well I need to get going. Have a good week.

Love,
    Nancy
  3. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Your stories of hall duty made me laugh. There is never a dull moment in teaching that is for sure. I teach in a suburb of Chicago. It is a very wealthy area with lots of little rich kids. I teach 4th and 5th grade at the elementary level and 6th grade at the junior high level. I have two schools. I am very patient but today inside I was losing it but trying to remain calm during my 6th grade band rehearsal. We have a concert in two weeks and Lord help us. I have a drum section with an attitude and that is the thorn in my side this year. They are the section that is holding us back at this point. I am sure your husband can relate to that one.

I think my dizziness was possibly related to my sinuses. I have had some reoccuring problems with inner ear issues. Last April they had to wheelchair me out of my room at school. I was overcome by a terrible dizzy spell. The school nurse drove me to the doctor and I was out of school for about a week with inflammation of the inner ear. I have had this several times and I am sure hoping this is not going to be another time. I can hear my ears popping so there is fluid somewhere in the ear. I have lots of allergies and this rainy cold weather isn't helping any. Well by bedtime is calling. I get up really early and need to get to bed very early.

That lady I told you about falling down her steps ended up having a broken hip and they were doing surgery today I think my mom said. She layed on the cold basement floor with the garage door open and the door to the basement open and she was there over 24 hours. She found a tarp near where she fell and tried to keep warm with that. She took her car keys and kept setting off her car alarm. I am not sure if that is when the neighbors and my sister figured something was going on. I feel sorry for her. She is in her 80's and lost her husband this year. She needs prayer. Her name is Helen. Well good night. Enjoy that hottub. It sound wonderful!

Love,
    Nancy
  4. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

5. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am doing fine. It has been a high pain and fatigue day but I did get a nap in this afternoon. I think I am holding up pretty well. I try not to think about the band on weekends if possible. My first double rehearsal day will be on Monday. They will be practicing one period and then go to class and then come back for another one. I am not sure how mature they will be in handling this but I guess time will tell. How are you doing? We get to turn the clocks back tonight as we start Daylight Savings time. I am not sure what other states do that. Do you? I will enjoy that extra hour even though I spent an hour typing six letters of recommendation for one of my high school student this afternoon which took an hour. LOL How is your grand daughter? I remember when I was probably 9 or 10 my older sister and I were on a softball team in the summer at our neighborhood park. I was riding on the handle bars of her bike and she was just flying down this steep hill. I told her to slow down and that is the last thing I said before wiping out all over the street. I remember what a time that was for me so I sympathize with your grand daughter. I hope she didn't break anything. Well it is good chatting with you. Take care and I would appreciate those prayers still for the band and for my energy and pain level. Take care.

Love,
    Nancy
  6. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I'm driving up for some. I should be at your house by next Thursday! LOL I would say you are making me hungry but I am so stuffed right now I could pop. I had my own mini Thankgiving dinner right here by myself tonight. Chicken, cranberry stuffing, corn on the cob, watermelon and sour dough bread. And I wonder why I am not losing weight as fast as I want. Ha. Well I hope you are feeling better. I am feeling better today. I do think the weather is affecting us all. It was really nice here today and I enjoyed a stroll along the river which I don't get to do much. I have heel spurs and I will have some pain tomorrow I bet. Well I have some things I need to do. Talk later.

Love,
    Nancy