For Canadians, US are more than welcome, funding for spouse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Nov 15, 2006.

  1. Aeronsmom

    Aeronsmom New Member

    Does anyone know if there are any fundings for a spouse to stay at home to take care of their spouse who is not able to take care of themselves, What I mean is, if a husband or wife has to stop working because their spouse is not able to care for his/herself? Do you know what I mean?
    any help/suggestions would be great.

    love to all, Ann
  2. However...I was watching "court T.V." where a COUPLE got busted, for fraud, over $700,000 and they were seeking another $700k, and he got in trouble for the faking brain injury (supposedly functioned like a 5 yr old, paralysis, & blind? I think) and she got in trouble, they said for "taking care of him"

    So, before they got caught scamming (investigators saw him getting out of his own truck, after having been hunting, then caught them both on a golf course) it sounded like the money they collected was 1.) for his 'injury' and also 2.) for her taking care of him..

    I THINK that was in Florida, so they *might* have something like that..

    I'd always sister sure needs it. She's had a major crash course in nursing in recent years, caring for me while my husband's at work, when I'm too ill, and helping with our dogs, etc...

    Hope you get answers soon,

  3. Pianowoman

    Pianowoman New Member

    I'm just trying to remember here but I think there is temporary funding in Ontario to care for an ill family member.
    I guess what I'm not 100% sure of is whther it's federal or provincial but I think it's provincial.

  4. Aeronsmom

    Aeronsmom New Member

    Laura and kathy for responding to my post, I guess I will do some searching.

    love to all, Ann
  5. Aeronsmom

    Aeronsmom New Member

    this so it does not get lost.
  6. darude

    darude New Member

    I know here in Alberta they pay in part for a caregiver to come in and pay full if you have a room where they can live.
  7. SusanEU

    SusanEU New Member

    Hi Ann

    There is funding available through employment insurance.

    Do you live in Ontario. Go to the goverment website and it outlines the details.

    I work in payroll so I remembering getting the details, but have not had to use it, so don't remember off of the top of my head.

    Good Luck
    sue in Ontario
  8. Aeronsmom

    Aeronsmom New Member

    Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it alot.

    Love to all, Ann

[ advertisement ]