For CanBrit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Grandma6, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

Thanks for easing my mind over my coloncscopy. One thing I am dreading is after it's all over. With my FMS I am in chronic pain all the time but due to our suddenly cold and wet weahter and my stess over this my FMS is flared-up over the top. My pain is pretty severe right now and I am dreading the pain from all the prep stuff the night before surgery. Also, since I am having problems with my bowels right now and some of the meds I'm on I not only have the night before prep stuff but I have to go on a liquid diet 48 hours before surgery and stop any meds that I'm on that are for arthritis. So I'm going to be without some of my meds plus the strain & stress from the night before surgery I'm afraid that I'll be put to bed afterward due to pain.

Even though I have had FMS for so long and am disabled because of it, I still am so angry because the FMS has taken over another part of my life & my body. You would think I would be use to it screwing up my life but I am just so fed up with all the pain, meds, depression, feeling like I'm a burden on my wonderful husband and having to change my lifestyle because of this FMS.

Thanks for letting me vent some of my feelings and as my Mom once told me, "A good cry never hurt anyone". So now that I have had a good cry, maybe I'll calm down some and get some needed sleep.

Thanks for the support,
    Jeanie
  2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I'm not going to lie and say you won't have a flare afterward. I went into a flare before I had it done, and it increased a bit afterwards. Thank God for pain meds.

You sound like you have a very dear husband. I do too and thank God for him every day. Let him be the strength over the next little while.

I still resent having to change my lifestyle because of this condition. It was only diagnosed last year but I'm sure it had been brewing for many years before. But...it ain't going away and I'm not going to let it beat me down.

I'm sure you have many things to be thankful for. Just remember those and tell all the bad crap to go away.

Best of luck with the procedure. I know you won't feel a thing.

Regards,

Eileen