? for Cockatiel Lovers.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jrose, Jun 8, 2008.

1. jrose

jrose New Member

My cockatiel is obsessed with my big toe!!!!!He sings and talks to it and cuddles it. Like really,does it look like a girl cockatiel to him????? It's cute for a while but I have to keep my feet covered all the time.
    Just why to know why-not how to stop it. I think that he'll give it up eventually. Judy
  2. poets

poets Member

I've had a few male birds like that. One fell in love with a windup toy and would sing to it and bob up and down and rub around it. It was so cute. The vet told me sometimes they do that when they get the urge to breed. I guess if there's not another bird or something.......

Birds are wonderful. Over the years we've had over 20. (English budgies, American parakeets, And Zebra Finches.) One time we had a total of nine birds in the house. You could hear them singing outside with the windows closed!

3. stick2013

stick2013 Member

He is probably lonely for female company. I used to raise them, breed them and hand fed the babies from a few days old till they were weaned. It was grueling, and expensive, but so worth it in the end.