For DBURDO RE: Research

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dd, Oct 4, 2002.

1. dd

dd New Member

Hi and welcome to the group. I think that I came across the same site that you are referring to. Is the questionaire like 8 pages long with 26 questions? At the end of it you can choose to be inclubed in the "research only", research with follow-up treatment or treatment only. If that is the one, I filled out the questionaire but have not sent it in yet.

Did they contact you by phone? You said that they will help pay your way if you can't afford it. How much do they help with and can your spouse go with you? Which box did you check off for the research? Just curious because I want to send it in but I would hate to have to turn then down if they called. I live in Florida and am financially tight right now. I do have Medicare for my insurance.

I would love to hear back from you and learn more about your conversation with them.

Thanks,
    Debbie
  2. dd

dd New Member

Hi and welcome to the group. I think that I came across the same site that you are referring to. Is the questionaire like 8 pages long with 26 questions? At the end of it you can choose to be inclubed in the "research only", research with follow-up treatment or treatment only. If that is the one, I filled out the questionaire but have not sent it in yet.

Did they contact you by phone? You said that they will help pay your way if you can't afford it. How much do they help with and can your spouse go with you? Which box did you check off for the research? Just curious because I want to send it in but I would hate to have to turn then down if they called. I live in Florida and am financially tight right now. I do have Medicare for my insurance.

I would love to hear back from you and learn more about your conversation with them.

Thanks,
    Debbie
  3. DBurdo

DBurdo New Member

It is in New Jersey at the Medical University there. I sent in the questions and they called me within a week. Then they set up an hour long phone interview.Then a week later they called to say I was accepted and to give me the different options. If you want to email me I can send you the link in case it is a different place than the one you found. I wish you luck. DBurdo5757 hotmail
    The link I have gives many of the options that they have.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/04/2002]