For Diggity

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blast, Sep 21, 2002.

1. blast

blast New Member

Hi I just read your reply to a post and really understand what you are going through.
    I have FMS/CFS and terrible back problems. My hubby is very ill and needs a kidney transplant, due to complications of diabetes. He is in and out of the hospital almost weekly. We have two kids 3 and 11 both of whom have type 1 diabetes like their dad.
    I just had a hysterectomy, and can you believe my hubby was two doors down from me in the hospital? LOL. Am home now and recovering quite well.
    I believe that you need to treat this illness the best way for you. Not someone else. Like everyone says what works for one may not work for another. I take several medications and if I didn't I couldn't take care of my kids.
    As for income, we have none. Our family is paying our bills and we are waiting for SSD for my hubby then I will apply for SSI.
    Thanks for listening.
    Pls. vent to me anytime.
    Blast
  2. blast

blast New Member

Hi I just read your reply to a post and really understand what you are going through.
    I have FMS/CFS and terrible back problems. My hubby is very ill and needs a kidney transplant, due to complications of diabetes. He is in and out of the hospital almost weekly. We have two kids 3 and 11 both of whom have type 1 diabetes like their dad.
    I just had a hysterectomy, and can you believe my hubby was two doors down from me in the hospital? LOL. Am home now and recovering quite well.
    I believe that you need to treat this illness the best way for you. Not someone else. Like everyone says what works for one may not work for another. I take several medications and if I didn't I couldn't take care of my kids.
    As for income, we have none. Our family is paying our bills and we are waiting for SSD for my hubby then I will apply for SSI.
    Thanks for listening.
    Pls. vent to me anytime.
    Blast
  3. diggity

diggity New Member

It is certainly true that there is always someone out there with bigger problems isn't it. I am sorry for all that you are going through, I wish the best for your family. We were desperately afraid that my husband would lose one of his kidneys that he might need in the future due to his diabetes. He was very fortunate that they were able to save part of his kidney, leaving it fully functional in case of future problems. We aren't "borrowing trouble", simply trying to be prepared just in case. LOL

I appreciate you for telling me your story and I will add your family to my prayer list. Sometimes I get to the point of not feeling like I can "find" God, but I do know that He is always there. I keep reminding myself of the old wisdom that what doesn't kill us will make us stronger. If it really works that way, there are a lot of Samsons in the making here on this board. Hang tight, and talk to me anytime. :eek:)
  4. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I like reading you Diggity, and blast.

My 12 yr old has been going through some tests for type 1 diabetes. We will know the results on Monday. What should I be prepared for?

I have come a long way, and in my own ways, with the Fibro too. Sometimes what works for one,may not work well for another. I can understand that.

I have become more spiritual too, closer to God also like you diggity. And its such a comfort, its like being reborn.
    I stagger along the way too.

5. diggity

diggity New Member

Well it's isn't technically morning, but I like that saying. Cool spelling of your name by the way.

I'm sorry to hear that your baby may have diabetes. It's pretty tough on kids. My nephew has it, he was diagnosed when he was about 8. It will be a pretty big adjustment for you all, but you CAN do it. My nephew is 19 now and is doing great. He has a pretty normal way of life, he just has to be a little more careful with his diet than others. He also takes insulin shots daily. That's a scary thought when it's your child, or someone else you love but you will adjust pretty quickly, and it will become normal for you. Exercise is key in diabetes. We have discovered that it is equally important as diet.

I am surely not as knowledgable about Type 1 daibetes as Blast probably is, but if there is anything I can do to help you through this, please feel free to call on me. I will do whatever I can. I hope you get good news and your child doesn't have diabetes, but you will be ok even if she does. Good luck and God Bless your family.
  6. diggity

diggity New Member

7. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

On diabetes. My son also got literature, asking lots of questions. He is 12 and very inquisitive. He is normal size and height. Rather like a beanpole. We didnt even realize that he could be diabetic, until a yearly checkup, shots, blood work. I hope too that he does not have it. But if he does, we will be allright.

Thanks for the support.

8. blast

blast New Member

Did the docs do a blood draw to see what his glucose is?
    Type 1 diabetes is pretty easy to detect.
    I am so happy that you are on top of this for your child because a lot of parents go into denial.
    Would love to formally chat with you as soon as you get the results.
    Blast

[ advertisement ]