FOR empty2void

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybugmandy, Aug 12, 2008.

1. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi kelly! i think i remember you mentioning that you tested positive for enterovirus. i have not had this test done yet. i keep thinking about it but would have a heck of a time getting anyone to do an endoscopy on me where i live.

may i ask if you are taking anything for it??

i could ask dr. lerner about the possibilty of enterovirus but something tells me he might not think it likely.

the only other option i have would be to see my old doctor, dr. galland in NYC, and have him arrange it. it would cost me thousands upon thousands, i'm sure.

i'm wondering if i should just wait it out and hope that whatever other infections i have will take care of themselves once the EBV and HHV6 are beaten back..

thanks for any input!
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

thanks for the post:)

they actually found CMV in the tissue? where did you send the tissue to be tested? sounds like you have access to some great research labs and an inside track!

yea...i was sure dr. lerner wouldn't be too encouraging about the enterovirus treatment but i wonder what he will say when you actually show him evidence that you have it.

i did have GI symptoms for a long time on and off througout the CFS. there was a time when i had "acid reflux", horrible nausea, diarrhea, and even vomiting. perhaps this is when the enterovirus had gained hold. over time, this disappeared.

many doctors think that if you treat 2 out of 3 infections (for example), the 3rd one will take care of itself. i hope this is true!

i was supposed to get my RNase L results on monday but the lab had some problems with one batch of blood and will have to re-do my test. i am anxious for the results..but i have a bad feeling about it. my RNase was just so incredibly high before. i will know on friday.

at redlabs, they believe that the higher the RNase L, the greater the immune system dysregulation. i just pray it is EBV suppressing my immune system.

have you ever had your Rnase L tested? i cannot recall.