FOR EVERYONE: Age group polls

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Karrot, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Karrot

Karrot New Member

Hey all,

I just wanted to invite the newcomers and maybe some oldcomers to sign up under the corresponding age group. It is information that I and a few others are using for research. We would really appreciate your participation. It's real easy - all you need to put is your age and how old you were when you came down with this wicked old illness.

Thanks in advance (and to those who already have) for signing up!!

Tschus!
    Karrot

BTW - don't be offended, Tschus is slang for "see ya later" in german.
  2. Karrot

Karrot New Member

Hey all,

I just wanted to invite the newcomers and maybe some oldcomers to sign up under the corresponding age group. It is information that I and a few others are using for research. We would really appreciate your participation. It's real easy - all you need to put is your age and how old you were when you came down with this wicked old illness.

Thanks in advance (and to those who already have) for signing up!!

Tschus!
    Karrot

BTW - don't be offended, Tschus is slang for "see ya later" in german.
  3. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I am 48yr old now, but think my 80yr old mother-in-law can out do me..
    I was diagnosed when I was 38, but then a little down the road, they said no it wasn't, then they said it was FMS..
    Take Care..........Donna
  4. lucky

lucky New Member

I believe TSCHUESS is probably the word you mean which is the slang word for 'Good Bye'. Just curious. Lucky
  5. JCharity

JCharity New Member

I will be the big 60 next month.......was 56 when I was diagnosed but had symptoms in my 20's. Jenn
  6. Gammie

Gammie New Member

Hi. I'm 46 yrs. old (Monday!) and was diagnosed in February. Had it long before, but was always mis-diagnosed.

Gammie
  7. herblady

herblady New Member

but i'll do it again. i'm 48. cindi
  8. WorldFalls

WorldFalls New Member

Hello, I'm 32 and was just disagnosed with Fibro last week, but I think I started getting symptoms after a bad car crash (which was my fourth car accident) four and a half years ago.
  9. knackered

knackered New Member

Hi Karrot,
    i am 40 now but was diagnosed when i was 35, love andrea xxx
  10. Dots

Dots New Member

I was 28 when it first started and the doctors said its all in my minnd .But finally got the a name fo ti at 32. That life with a doctor when they cant fiend it its all in your mind. Dot
  11. aliceann

aliceann New Member

28 for CFIDS symptoms but back then it was called "all in your head". Mid-fifties for fibro. I'm 64 now.

Aliceann
  12. Danielle

Danielle New Member

I am 42 and was diagnosed at 37. I felt the disease coming on when I was 36. I have fibro, mps, and osteoarthritis.
  13. jen3092

jen3092 New Member

DEAR KARROT,,
    I AM CURRENTLY 51. WAS DIAGNOSED AT 42. HOWEVER, I THINK I HAD FIBRO EARLIER IN MY LATE 30'S, IT JUST WAS'NT TOTALLY DEBILITATING THEN,,, FOR INSTANCE IN 1991 I HAD A HAIRLINE FRACTURE IN MY RIGHT LEG IT TOOK FOREVER TO HEAL.. THEN I GOT A PIN IN MY RIGHT BIG TOE AND WENT TO EMERGENCY AND STUPIDLY LET A RESIDENT DIG AROUND TO GET IT OUT... COULD'NT WALK AGAIN FOR MONTHS.. THEN I STUMBLED DOWN SOME BLEACHER STEPS IN 1992 AND TORE THE MINISCUS BUT BECAUSE I WAS COMPLAINING OF PAIN DEEP IN MY GROIN(FIBRO ARTHALGIA) AND NOTHING SHOWED ON XRAY IT WAS 8 MONTHS BEFORE I COULD GET A SURGEON TO DO AN MRI TO SEE THE TEAR.. AND I WAS ON CRUTCHES BY THEN... ALL THIS TO THE SAME LEG... THEN IN 1995 I GOT UP QUICKLY AND TORE THE MINISCUS AGAIN AND HAD TO DO THE ARTHOSCOPY AGAIN ... OF COURSE IT TOOK ME 6 WEEKS TO WALK AND I NEEDED REHAB EVEN THOUGH IT WAS ONLY ARTHOSCOPY...ALSO HAVE CFS AND SEVERE OSTEOARTHRITIS TO THE SPINE.. SEVERE IN NECK AND LOWER, MODERATE IN THORAIC
  14. DebraP

DebraP New Member

Hi. I am 35 now, diagnosed at age 30 but have had symptoms since early teens.
  15. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Hi! I was diagnosed with FM/CFS almost 2 years ago, I am now 45 years old.But I have suffered with many symptoms for at least 5 years before diagnosis.
    Debbie
  16. MsJoey

MsJoey New Member

17 if not sooner.
  17. nova

nova New Member

I am 28 going on ninety I think! :} I was 26 when diagnosed.
  18. Kricket

Kricket New Member

Greetings and salutations!
    I'm 28 years old and I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia at 24. I believe however that I have had it for as many as 11 or more years due to the fact that I grew up (very accident prone) with horses. I am a new comer to both the site and the internet. TTFN. -K-
  19. swen

swen New Member

I am 53. Had it since mid 40's. Diagnosed at 46 by rheumy.
    Bye, Chris
  20. dolly_garth

dolly_garth New Member

Hi Karrot
    I am now 36 and was diagnosed 10 months ago, but im sure iv'e had FM for a few years now although it wasn't diagnosed then. Love From Dolly.