For Frecker777

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dear Carrie, I posted this response to your response under the ABX thread. I'm afraid you may not see it, so I'm posting it here for you.

Love, Mikie

Dear Carrie 11/11/05 12:33 PM

I had to take Doxy for 2 1/2 years to rid my body of a mycoplasma infection. I had no problems with it. I have always taken a good probiotic and I continued to do so along with the Doxy.

Don't know whether or not your doc explained that the Doxy doesn't kill pathogens outright. It causes changes to the body's cells which keeps the bacteria from being able to infect them. The bacteria literally starve to death in the bloodstream. Because these types of bacteria only enter the bloodstream when they kill their host cells, it can take a long time on the ABX to get rid of all the bacteria. The longer one has been sick, usually, the longer it is necessary to take the ABX.

There are a couple of other things you can do. When you are through taking the Doxy, you can order the Transfer Factor C from the store here. It targets Lyme, among other pathogens. It trains the immune system to recognize and kill the targeted pathogens. Usually, one takes it for three months and then pulses it for a couple of days every four to six weeks.

It is helpful to build one's own immune system, not only with the probiotics, but also with undenatured when and colostrum. Dr. Cheney has written about the benefits of the whey in several articles in our Library here. Colostrum is an excellent immune system booster. You can also read about these things in the Store.

If you go to HEMEX Lab's website, you can read about hypercoagulation which is often a problem for those of us with chronic infections. Heparin, taken with ABX, increases the killing of pathogens and rids the body of the excess fibrin where pathogens hide from the immune system.

Finally, a zapper will kill pathogens in the bloodstream too. I got mine from the Hulda Clark website for $150. You can read about them there.

Good luck with your treatment.

Love, Mikie

2. Frecker777

Frecker777 New Member

Hi Mikie,
    Thanks so much for the response. Just curious—what was your dosage of doxy? I am supposed to pulse with Flagyl the 4th week—pretty nervous for that. Also, I am to start taking some different drops, one of which is Sametto (sp?). So far I seem to be tolerating the doxycycline pretty well (knock on wood), which is especially surprising to me since I am so intolerant and sensitive to most drugs.
    -Carrie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I took 100 mgs. twice a day of the Doxy. Eventually, I was able to pulse it--on for six weeks/off for two. Then, I would try to see how long I could stay off of it before symptoms returned. Dr. Garth Nicolson's protocol calls for taking it for at least six months before pulsing.

My own doc told me that if the symptoms returned before the two weeks to start back on it. It took a while before I was able to stay off of it for two weeks. Toward the end of the 2 1/2 years, I was able to stay off for longer and longer periods. I wrote to Dr. Nicolson and he told me to get off the Doxy as soon as I could without the symptoms' returning.

I have had no experience with the Samento but I have had to take Flagyl in the past. The only thing about it is that one cannot have any alcohol, even in mouthwash or cough syrup. I had no adverse side effects with it.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie