For Grandkids or Anyone! ~ Xmas Tree Walnut Surprise

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Starcat, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Starcat

Starcat New Member

If you like to get creative at Xmas try this little special present. Kids love it! Even my teens did last year! lol

Walnut Surprise...

Take a whole walnut and with a knife cut around the perforation on the shell. Carefully split the walnut in two (took me a few tries to keep the walnut whole without cracking) but once you have two halves without cracks, remove all the meat etc. from the inside.

Place a folded up dollar bill..or $5, $10, etc. depending on age? and put inside the walnut. Or you can use small candies, tiny gift, etc.

Then seal both sides of the walnut back together again with white glue. The glue disappears once it dries.

Attach a string or ribbon to the end of the walnut with glue..and hang on the xmas tree.

When the kids come to visit, tell em Santa left some special walnuts for them...lol

They Love it!! And really think it’s magical ;)

Happy Holidays!!
  2. Starcat

Starcat New Member

I love the reindeer food idea...but I gotta wait for the grandbabies now too..lol
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

What a great idea! I`m going to do that for my kids. My oldest is 14 but he`ll still enjoy that, especially the money. And I`m sure they`ll have fun breaking them open.
  4. cindymindy

cindymindy New Member

My mother in law has done that for years and its a great tradition to carry on. One year she made us promise not to open them until Christmas and we ended up with 300 dollars. Only time thats ever happened but it was nice. She folds up money or puts change in them. My kids have alot of fun opening them even though their grown now. By the way, after that one Christmas we made it a rule that the parents get to keep anything over a 20!
  5. sues1

sues1 New Member

Many years ago my step dad did that for my youngest boy......but he put in the tinest little car you ever saw! My son really loved it and laughed the whole time he was trying to open it..he was 5 YOA I think.
    I am always hiding money for the kids.....one Christmas my grand daughter opened a big box of socks. You could see that it was a downer to her, but she made herself smile and say thank you. Later while looking at the socks she started to discover money in each one....you should of heard her squealing!
  6. Starcat

Starcat New Member

..amazing how kids go crazy over money..lol I had some little ones come visit this easter, so put a couple of dimes each in those little plastic easter eggs and then hid them around the property. They went crazy with delight! Each time they found an egg they would squeal "I found two more!" lol
  7. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

I will add this idea to my list of Christmas fun stuffs to do for my daughter, too!

Thanks again!

Hugs!
    Starr
  8. Starcat

Starcat New Member

I couldn't believe the surprised look on my kids faces when they opened them..it was priceless! Hope your daughter gets a kick out of it too :)
  9. Starcat

Starcat New Member

What a great idea!! This could be good for an April Fools joke too..lol

Thanks for sharing..hehee...don't you wish you had a camera for times like that?