For Granmama.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Sep 26, 2002.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

You'll never know what your reply to my post about the liver biopsy means to me. Thank you so much for the information. With your condition, is your hemoglobin and hematocrit elevated? Mine has been slightly high for years, but I thought it was just because I'd had a hysterectomy years earlier and didn't "lose blood" any longer. I don't know if this is even related to what my problem may or may not be. Maybe I'll be told it's just a fatty liver~~I'd like that!
    I dread Monday~~I can think of little else. I went to my hair stylist this a.m. and had my hair cut and highlighted. That helps! I look like crap in those mirrors! lol All I see is a fat face and bags under my eyes~ oh well......
    I'll definitely take my pillows and pain med. to have for the stay and the trip home. Thank you SO much!
    With love and appreciation!
    Kady
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

You'll never know what your reply to my post about the liver biopsy means to me. Thank you so much for the information. With your condition, is your hemoglobin and hematocrit elevated? Mine has been slightly high for years, but I thought it was just because I'd had a hysterectomy years earlier and didn't "lose blood" any longer. I don't know if this is even related to what my problem may or may not be. Maybe I'll be told it's just a fatty liver~~I'd like that!
    I dread Monday~~I can think of little else. I went to my hair stylist this a.m. and had my hair cut and highlighted. That helps! I look like crap in those mirrors! lol All I see is a fat face and bags under my eyes~ oh well......
    I'll definitely take my pillows and pain med. to have for the stay and the trip home. Thank you SO much!
    With love and appreciation!
    Kady
  3. granmama

granmama New Member

Well, there is nothing like a new hairstyle to perk up any woman! Good for you!!!

To answer your question about the H/H issue, before dx they were elevated because I had so much iron in me. My red blood cells & MCV were elevated too. That iron was just screaming to get out! Thank God I did get the dx and got proper treatment.
    I had a hysterectomy at age 29, so for 20 years, I had no menses. This gave ample time for that iron to accumulate in the liver.
    My sister was dx with a fatty liver by my gastro doc. She is suppose to be on a low fat diet and with her diabetic med it would help.
    Take care Kady and don't worry, the procedure itself is fairly quick. The doc gets in and out fast.
    If you have anymore questions, I'm here!!!
    granmama