For Guia Users

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I posted this under a thread but it's rolling over and I think this might be of interest, so I'm posting it under it's own title.

A good hint from Dr. St. Amand is to take a calcium tablet with a meal. It allows the phosphate debris to bind with the calcium and be excreted through the intestines instead of the kidneys. This will really speed up the process. Most of us take a calcium tablet anyway, so why not kill two birds with one stone.

Then, instead of taking magnesium with the calcium, take it before bedtime so it can heal the muscles. If taking any other meds before bedtime, such as ABX or Klonopin, don't take the magnesium too close to those meds.

Also, someone posted that she couldn't be off her pain meds long enough for the Guai to work. Unless the pain meds contain sals, such as aspirin, there is no need to give them up until the Guai kicks in. For me, that took a year. I took my Morphine until I could tolerate the pain without it and only took it once in a while for strong pain. If I get very sick or injure myself, I will occasionally have some pain which warrants taking an opiod. If I overdo it, I will take something OTC.

Until there is a cure, I think even when the Guai has reversed the symptoms 100 percent, we will have to be careful not to overdo it. Our muscles still have a difficult time recovering from overuse.

Love, Mikie

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For those who missed this.

Love, Mikie
  3. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Mikie, Thanks again for the info. How much magnesium do you recommend?

Thanks, Ann
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I get some magnesium in my one-a-day and I get it in the ZMA I take in the evening. Not sure how much that is. Check the magnesium supplements in the Store here. I know we are low in magnesium but I'm not sure how much we need. I also get it in my Epsom Salt soaks when I feel particularly achy.

Love, Mikie
  5. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Thanks, Mikie...I use the fibro multi which has 60 mg (20%) in it. I tried ZMA a while ago, but it didn't help me sleep, so I quit it. Is that what you use it for?

Ann
  6. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Wow I'm doing it right. I do take my calcium with a meal, but not because I knew Dr. St.A said to-Thanks I missed that part in the book. Plus my ZMA in the evening. I'm very achy my whole family has a cold.Thanks again
    Hi Ann and Jana
  7. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I don't know where to post anymore! I just added my story to the other thread, Sal and Guai, what are these?

Jana
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The ZMA is tricky. When I first took it, it gave me energy so I had to take it in the afternoon and slowly move it later. Of course, I can't take it too close to the Klonopin or it won't work. The ZMA does help with sleep and the magnesium works synergystically with the zinc and vitamin B6 to help repair muscle tissue. I think it's important to at least take some magnesium by itself in the evening to repair the soft tissue where the phosphate crystals are removed by the Gaui. I can't help but think that this leaves tiny little tears in the tissue and is probably why we have Guai flares when it's working. I bought some ZMA somewhere else and it was supposed to be the same formula but it blocked the Guai. I read the label and it contained vegetable extracts. I only buy my ZMA here.

I layed in a stock of ImmunPlex at the buy 1/get 1 free sale. They are sending it in a cool pack because it's so hot down here, especially in the back of a mail or delivery truck.

I ordered some melatonin yesterday. There are a lot of contraindications so I am going to proceed cautiously with it. It is helping my daughter who is so fatigued from losing a baby, a difficult pregnancy, a difficult delivery, a tubal ligation surgery, and caring for the baby. I think it takes a good year for the body to get back to normal after childbirth. But, I digress...

I also ordered some vitamin B-12 which is supposed to penetrate the blood/brain barrier. I can't wait to try this. I hope it helps.

Finally, I ordered the Hydrogen Boost. It is supposed to spark the production of ATP and NADH. I hope it works. I ordered it on a whim because the idea intrigued me.

Dr. St. Amand didn't put the calcium with a meal tip in the book to the best of my knowledge. He used to have a section for physicians and I found it there. It's such a great tip that I can't understand why he isn't shouting it from the rooftops. Anyone can do this because the sals don't bother what is excreted through the intestines.

Keeping everyone in my prayers for a great Guai outcome.

Love, Mikie
  9. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Jana I found the new post you wrote :) I check Mikie's bio (the threads) to see if she has started a new thread she always calls it Guai so we can find it. I also check your name and Ann's (on your bio page) that way you don't miss anything new posts ect. Do you understand what I mean Jana? I don't look much at the main broad threads.

I was very lucky with the ZMA it helped me sleep the first time I used it and I know that its healing muscle damage while I sleep. I feel very good about using it.

Have a great day,
    Dee50
  10. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi everyone...well, I've been on 600 mg twice a day since Wednesday, and I'm feeling it! I have felt icky...achy, tired since Tuesday. This is the only time I've been happy to feel badly!! I think I'm going to stop at this dose.

I got my new updated copy of the book today, so I'm reading and highlighting in between college basketball games (March Madness) GO DUKE!!

I'd love to hear how everyone else is doing. Thanks to you, Dee, for the info on the Fibro Multi-Vitamins...very important! And thanks, Mikie, for the ZMA info. I changed my order from the Fibro Multi to ZMA and will give it another try.

Blessings to all you Guai Gurus! Ann