For HighRiskRN.......many thanks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnnetClo, Nov 7, 2002.

1. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

Sandy
    Just wanted you to know that I saw Dr Rupp today and I LOVE HER. She listened,really listened to me and she asked questions, tons of questions. She was really interested!! She had the tech draw more labs (she couldn't believe that the rheumy I saw 2 weeks ago didn't order any labwork to test for arthritis/lupus, etc.) and she's ordered a sleep study. I told her there was no way I could sleep knowing somebody was watching and listening, but she assured me that I would. She said if all of these were neg, she wanted to do a stress test. Also stopped the Zoloft and ordered Elavil. She actually gave me some hope that maybe I didn't have FM after all, that maybe my problems are from sleep apnea. But no matter what, she said she was going to help me feel better!!!! Thank you so much for recommending her. The 25 mile drive to her office was worth every mile.

Hope you're having a wonderful day.
    Annette
  2. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

Sandy
    Just wanted you to know that I saw Dr Rupp today and I LOVE HER. She listened,really listened to me and she asked questions, tons of questions. She was really interested!! She had the tech draw more labs (she couldn't believe that the rheumy I saw 2 weeks ago didn't order any labwork to test for arthritis/lupus, etc.) and she's ordered a sleep study. I told her there was no way I could sleep knowing somebody was watching and listening, but she assured me that I would. She said if all of these were neg, she wanted to do a stress test. Also stopped the Zoloft and ordered Elavil. She actually gave me some hope that maybe I didn't have FM after all, that maybe my problems are from sleep apnea. But no matter what, she said she was going to help me feel better!!!! Thank you so much for recommending her. The 25 mile drive to her office was worth every mile.

Hope you're having a wonderful day.
    Annette
  3. kay

kay New Member

I was wondering what Part of N.C. you are?I live in Knoxville Tn. and was wondering about your doctor and what kind of a doctor, that she is? Wonder how far from KNOX? If you can give me some info I would appreciate it. Thanks, Linda
  4. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

so that would be one long drive for you. This is a family doc, I think ex Air Force but she's great. She's very knowledgable but you'll never guess what impressed me most about her. I used to wear acrylic nails.... for about 10 years but about 1 1/2 years ago I caught one of my nails on the car door and pulled the "real" nail away from the nail bed. Now I have a fungal infection under that nail (ooooh, that even sounds gross). Well I had asked my used to be PCP about treating it and he just passed it off. Said oh it'll grow back. Well when I saw this doc last week she asked ME about the nail. Was it fungal or traumatic. I told her about it and she started me on Lamisil. I was soooo impressed that she noticed and that she thought it was important enough to address. lol. I am soooo easily impressed.
    Sandy (HighRiskRN) recommended this doc because she sees her too. Maybe one of the others here lives near where you are and can recommend a good doc for you. I sure hope so. It is just hell going through this pain thinking you have nobody to turn you. I'll cross my fingers for you that you'll find a good doc.

Annette

[ advertisement ]