For JLH -- a question, please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Seagull, Apr 19, 2003.

1. Seagull

Seagull New Member

I posted this under another thread, but wanted to be sure it reached you.

In a post to kckitty, you stated regarding the SSD approval,
    >> Their approval letter used a statement that I had made to their medical doctor, so I know his input helped in their decision. <<

If you don't mind sharing, what statement did you make to their medical doctor and what was his input that helped your case? (I am in the reconsideration stage on my case and expect to be sent to one of their doctors soon.) Thank you for your info. :)

[This Message was Edited on 04/19/2003]
  2. Seagull

Seagull New Member

bump, bump.
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

because it's been over 3 years ago. I just remember remarking to my hubby when I read the letter that it said something that I had said to him (the Soc Sec doc).

But, I do know that the Soc Sec letter stated that "I had to walk slowly and with a cane."

This statement HAD TO COME from the Soc Sec doc because I used a cane when I went for that appointment, and he had followed me down a hallway to another room and I was moving really slow!

I was using the can for a bad knee, though, not the fibro! I had torn the meniscus (? sp.) cartlidge in my knee and was awaiting surgery and could not walk without my cane.

I was awarded disability for a combination of medical problems (I put everything that was wrong with me on the application), such as: heart problems, diabetes, arthritis, fibro, Lupus, GERD, migraine headaches, depression, high blood pressure, high chlorestrol, etc.

Good luck on your reconsideration.
  4. Seagull

Seagull New Member

>> because it's been over 3 years ago. I just remember remarking to my hubby when I read the letter that it said something that I had said to him (the Soc Sec doc). <<

I can sure relate to the memory loss -- isn't that frustrating?

>> But, I do know that the Soc Sec letter stated that "I had to walk slowly and with a cane."

This statement HAD TO COME from the Soc Sec doc because I used a cane when I went for that appointment, and he had followed me down a hallway to another room and I was moving really slow! <<

I have to have someone with me at all my visits because of needing help in walking. It is a good thing your SSD doc did walk behind you and actually paid attention to how you were ambulating. (If my doctor's office was handicap-accessible, I would be able to use my scooter when I go for my follow-up visits. I hate that so many of the older buildings were "grandfathered" when the ADA regs came out. Even our local SSA office is not accessible!)

>> Good luck on your reconsideration. <<

Thank you -- I think I will need all the help that my attorney can provide. :)