? for Jodieplace...freezing yogurt

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mahx, May 25, 2006.

1. mahx

mahx New Member

I read in another post that your sister freezes yogurt. Does she prepare it in anyway first, or just throw it in ? Also, does she then eat it frozen, or thaw to eat? Any info would be great. Thankyou

MA
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

but yogurt is very good frozen. If you have store-bought yogurt, just freeze it in their original containers. We like it frozen or partially frozen....any way you eat it, it's good. If you thaw it all the way, it's runnier than it was but still OK to eat. Terri
  3. mahx

mahx New Member

Thanks Alaska. The church was given a ton of yogurt, we gave out cases upon cases...but still have alot left. It expires next week, so I was wondering if freezing would work. I am invisioning smoothies for summer. Thanks again.
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

she by the go-gurts for her little ones...they are 3 yrs. old and 1 yrs...but she puts her containers right as well..

jodie
  5. millennia

millennia New Member

Does freezing it kill any of those cultures that are so good for us?
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Not like heating it does.
  7. mahx

mahx New Member

thanks for all the responses. Stoneyfield has a good web site , also recipes. It said while frozen the cultures become dormant. When thawed either in refrig or in body---the beome active again----also some will die, but there is so many---its ok.

MA