For kadywill & Jewelz (AIH)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Milo83, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Yesterday when I posted, I forgot to mention one thing..
    I would imagine your dr. checked your ANA (anti-nuclear antibodies)..If you have something going on autoimmune wise, your ANA should be positive..
    Do either one of you have a positive ANA & if so how high is it..
    Take Care............Donna
  2. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Yesterday when I posted, I forgot to mention one thing..
    I would imagine your dr. checked your ANA (anti-nuclear antibodies)..If you have something going on autoimmune wise, your ANA should be positive..
    Do either one of you have a positive ANA & if so how high is it..
    Take Care............Donna
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

My ANA is only 1:80 (homogeneous pattern) which is only borderline....I really don't think AIH is what he's thinking. I think it's Primary Biliary Cirrhosis. Hate this.....
  4. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

Hi..

Im sure he has done the test.. The only thing I have as far as liver results is from the medical doctor. I went 2 weeks ago to give him 12 tubes of blood to do a bunch of tests. However, my fibro doctor felt my liver she said it felt really enlarged. Are they able to know that? I will not get my test results back for about a month yet. *sigh* I go the 28th for a biopsy of my liver and hes going to be looking at my veins in the stomach area..

Take Care,

P.S. I had to look up what the AIH was. lol Got the Idea though :)

5. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

To my understanding they can tell if the liver is enlarged, but not all the time..When the dr. pressed at your liver, were you tender..
    I also want to wish you the best with your liver biopsy..I don't know how you feel about having it, but I did not have problems with mine..I was not given anything prior to the procedure..The hardest part for me was lying on my right side for approx. 4hrs to prevent bleeding..
    Wishing you the best..........Donna
  6. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

Hi..

Yes I was extremly tender!! Sometimes I feel swollen right under the rib and it hurts to touch at times.
    They are giving me something to numb my mouth and a sedative to relax me. They didnt tell me anything else. I had to ask about anti-depressants which Im on, I was worried because both pretty much bring you down. Not good.. They told me not to take anything that day.
    I appreciate you wishing me luck. Im terrified!!

The fibro doctor measured and she said it was way down my side area to the belly button area on right side.. Not sure, but I hope it aint nothing to serious :)

Take care & be well..

Huggies..