For Kadywill

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by northwoodssue, Feb 7, 2003.

1. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Hi Kadywill:
    I was reading the posts to my weight watchers caution, and had to respond to your. Sorry it took so long, but I've had the flu/cold/bronchitis for a week - ick!!!!
    It's nice to find someone who has the same reactions to diets as me. I've just trying to cut down on the sweets - that should help some cause I LOVE my sweets!!!! I also do yoga, but not as much as I would like. What do you do for exercise, diet????
    I'm an RN too and been retired for 5 years due to this DD. I used to live in Dickson, Tennessee, and loved the south.
    I also have 3 grandkids - a girl age 8, two boys ages 4 and 6. They are the light of my life!!!
    I read your bio, but mine won't come up on the site for some reason.
    Anyway, just wanted to touch bases with you.
    sue
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I am so sorry you've had the bronchitis bug that's everywhere~~~my granddaughters have it right now and are in the bed! Thank you for writing, though!! The biggest change in my diet and exercise program has been that I am now drinking at least a gallon of water a day and I am *trying* to reduce my sugar intake. I am a carb eater. I make no excuses for this. I dislike most proteins except for beans, peanut butter and the like. I can eat a little chicken or pork or fish now and then, but it generally turns my stomach. I love potatoes. I love cereal and bread. Oh well.....
    I am having Physical Therapy two days a week and my homework is to do several stretches at least twice daily. The PT said that I had a lot of muscle mass and strength, but I was as tight as can be. So, my gluteals, my hamstrings, my calves, my thighs and MOST importantly, my piriformis muscles HAVE to be lengthened where I have allowed the muscles to shorten by protecting them for so long when I was in pain. My fault!!! So, I stretch and LORD, does it feel so good. The therapist actually put all of his weight on my leg as I was in this one stretch and it felt heavenly painful, if you catch my drift. I walk on the treadmill for just 20 minutes a day. Any more exercise than that sends me back to bed. I have a habit of overdoing EVERYTHING. I never learned how to pace. It's all or nothing for me, I'm afraid.
    Another nurse, Grandmama and a fellow sufferer....my goodness. Aren't the grandbabies wonderful? I cannot explain what they mean to me. I am "Mam-mama" to mine because my oldest, Tesla, age 8, couldn't say Grandmama as a baby and Mam-mama just stuck! I love it cause it's different.
    Well, I've pushed and pushed this morning and I'm going to rest some with my hubby who is also home today. That'll help!
    Love,
    Kady