For Klutzo:Take a knife and remove the aloe strip from razor-very cheap

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, Jan 19, 2003.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

I use baking soda for toothpaste that way I know for sure not to block plus I have read alot of things about how floride is harmful too. It is not that hard to become Sal-free if you go to Dr. Armand's website and look at sal-free list. Good luck to you, we have been through the same thing as you, if you want our help, Just ask us we are happy to share!!
    Vicky
    [This Message was Edited on 01/19/2003]
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I just gave the razors w/aloe strips to my hubby, and bought some plain Gilette Good News.
    If you look closely at the Guaidoc website's lists, you will see that some things are on BOTH the OK list and the NO-NO list!!! (example: Guar Gum). How can you trust this?
    You may be sorry you offered to share, but.....
    Could you tell me a bit about how it's worked for you? I had another post on this and nobody answered.
    1. How long did it take to see a flare so you knew it was working? And, was the flare that different from a normal FMS flare, so you knew for sure it was the Guai?
    2. what was your effective dose?
    3. Is your dx FMS, CFS, or both?
    4. Are you still having to take Meds?
    5. If not able to work before Guai, could you go back?
    6. How long have you been on Guai?
    7. Do you stick to the Protocol 100%?
    Hope you aren't overwhelmed by all my questions. Thanks a bunch,
    Klutzo
    [This Message was Edited on 01/20/2003]
  3. VickyB

VickyB New Member

WOW, that is alot of questions!! I did not know that the plain good new razors were okay to use, I thought they all had aloe strips, so that is good to know. Thanks for info.
    I am happy when people share with me so that is why I am going to attempt to answer your questions whether they are right or wrong - this is my experience.
    I could tell right away when I went into a flare-all the things that I normally felt were compounded about 100% especially the mental fog. So I guess that was a normal flare but much worse. Now I have pain in other areas (like the lower part of my body) which I like because I was having so much upper body muscle spasms and still do but the lower body pain takes away the concentration of the original pain (I hope that makes sense to you, people with chronic pain can hopefully relate to what I am saying)
    I take 300mgs twice a day, one day I forgot I had already taken my medicine and took double WOW never again. I pay very close attention now!!
    I do still take medicine that are all on the okay list.
    My way of thinking is that at least there is hope with Guai. and what did I have before. Also I have everything to gain and nothing to lose!! So far everything that is described in the book has happened to me (well not everything) but close enough. So I do believe in the program and I try to stay SAL-free. Today I did slip because I woke up with a massive migraine and I took some Maxalt because that is all I have and I am afraid to ask my doctor for something else.
    Good luck Vicky
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

That does help. I am on 600 mgs. twice daily. I have not taken anything except Tylenol for pain for more than 4 yrs. now. I used to have to take Darvocet every day. It was not Guai, but menopause, that reduced my pain level. If the only thing Guai helps is pain, then I may not get much out of it. From the book, it seems it should fix the entire syndrome though, not just pain. That's what I am hoping for.
    KLutzo
  5. VickyB

VickyB New Member

I do not take any pain medicine at all. I use Lidocaine creme on sore areas when the pain is really bad, Neurotin for the pain but it is not pain medicine, Wellbuterin for energy and that is all. I would like to have more energy to take care of my family better. I have tried all kinds of herbs and supplements for this but nothing helps.
    Best wishes, Vicky