For LadybugMandy & all, lyrics, continued..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aintasgoodasIoncewas, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Ok, for some reason, I'm not able to continue on my already started thread..

But, this is another song I NEED to share with you,

In MY Opinion, it's darned near our *anthem*, & that of all chronically ill people. It says so much.

It's by Matchbox 20, and it's called, "Unwell" :

All day
    Staring at the ceiling
    Making friends with shadows on my wall

All night
    Hearing voices telling me
    That I should get some sleep
    Because tomorrow might be good for something
    Hold on
    I'm feeling like I'm headed for a
    Breakdown &
    I don't know why:

(but) I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    I know, right now you can't tell
    But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see
    A different side of me-

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired
    I know, right now you don't care
    But soon enough you're gonna think of me
    And how I used to be...

Me....

Talking to myself in public
    Dodging glances on the train- &
    I know
    I know they've all been talking 'bout me
    I can hear them whisper
    And it makes me think there must be something wrong
    With me
    Out of all the hours thinking
    *Somehow*
    I've lost my mind

(but)I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    A different side of me

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired
    I know right now you don't care
    And how I used to be

I been talking in my sleep
    Pretty soon they'll come to get me
    Yeah, they're taking me away..........

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    A different side of me
    I'm not crazy I'm just a little impaired
    I know, right now you don't care
    And how I used to be

Hey, how I used to be
    How I used to be, yeah
    Well I'm just a little unwell
    How I used to be
    How I used to be

(((hugs))) Laura

2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

{{{{{laura}}}}} thank you. i know this song but never really paid attention to the lyrics.

love
    sue
  3. ((((((Sue))))))

You're quite welcome dear, just a little different way, I suppose, for me to show & share *my* understanding, and sympathy for what you're going through...

My friend in NY, who also has fibro, MS, and several types of arthritis, digestive problems, and Systemic Scleroderma, & I chat often, we are heavily into music, mostly because, well, both of us always have been, but also..

Some of it is so relatable for us both, expressive, therapeutic, sometimes... & sometimes the hard stuff helps the anger, rage, fear, hurt come out..

Others like this song, put me in a *somewhat* 'sad' - yet.. calmer, state, if that makes any sense, I'll blare it on my speakers, while on the computer, when no one else is home, and it just says a lot... for me, and lots of others, who've gone through the medical roundabout, over, and over, and over,,,

All along the way, being insulted, falsely accused, degraded, mistreated, underdiagnosed, misdiagnosed, untreated, etc..

And most have been asked, asked, asked, and TOLD that we are 'depressed'

(I know for me, I had bad problems with depression as a child/teenager, yet- ironically,, when I got sick... I was at the absolute height of my entire life, in every aspect. )

It was after years of doctors, repeat tests, repeat scripts that never worked, etc etc etc... that, YES, of COURSE, I became depressed. and LOST.

I haven't a CLUE who I used to be. I had just *found* the 'real' me, when I GOT sick, and dr's, nurses, lab techs, etc stripped it all away from me, after a couple of years, of rx'd induced fog/emotions, etc.

I'd give anything to find 'her' again. I know my husband misses her, and I hurt for HIM, :-(

Hang in there. (I know.. cliche, and sooo overused! I myself* tired of hearing "hang in there" & "Just hold on", YEARSSS AGO),

But, it truly is all we can do, I lost my will years ago, also, once the guilt, pain, sadness of being JUST a burden to my husband really set in, & total loss of self worth, and, honestly, truth be told, I have ONLY been living for OTHERS, since 2-3 years into my illness, after several excrutiating, 'incurable' diseases dropped on my head.

I am tired of telling myself, mentally that "well, I guess living for OTHER people,.... is still *A* reason to live..."

But, it's really hard.

I take breaks from all my doctors, phys. therapists, etc... but, it always just falls on my head... things are just CONSTANTLY piling up on me physically, as it is... if I shut down, just for a few months... *I'm* the one who ends up suffering even worse...

I hope your spirits are up better today.. It is tough, no doubt about it, at all.

Love.