For Leah Freida...verses you would like read aloud...

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by lydia1, Jan 12, 2014.

1. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Hi Freida...here is the thread I said I would start...if you wish to post any verses (or chapters or parts of chapters) that you would read aloud if you could.

I will read them out loud for you, and pray at the same time that God will restore your voice to you...

I will check later for a reply, one way or the other...if you think this is a crazy idea, that's fine...just a thought that came to me as I was praying this morning.
    paulac7 likes this.
  2. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Oh Freida! Of course, I didn't even "think it through", how I would actually follow through with my offer, lol! Just as soon as God laid it on my heart, I came directly to the computer and posted. Well, I could give it a go, in Hebrew; I'm sure God would be able to understand :)

Reminds me of one time in Belize. Although the Belizean woman I worked with in the kitchen, and I, were of the same faith...English wasn't their first language. I got very sick one night, and was to leave to come home the next day. I was planned to stay for several more days, but the Lord warned me to get out of the country sooner.

Anyway, around midnight, I started getting very sick to my stomach...and weak and disoriented. I was staying in a little apartment near the dorm, but there wasn't a team there at that time...I had no way to let anyone know I was sick until one of my Belizean sisters came looking for me the next morning, because I wasn't up and about when I should have been.

Pantaleona immediately started praying for me in her Ketchi Indian language...I had no idea what she was saying, but I knew she was praying for me, and it gave me such a sense of peace.

She got ahold of the pastor who led the ministry and he had a doctor come attend to me. Pantaleona also helped me pack, fed me and even helped me get dressed. I did make it to the airport on time, but was still feeling rough on the flight home.

To finish this story, and explain why God had me leave early...the day after I left, a pastor from another ministry was attacked and beaten and robbed...on the very same path that I always took to get across the river (across a swinging bridge) to the parking lot to go shopping, etc. (This was before a drive bridge was built to cross the river...it was either walk across the swinging bridge or go the other direction and cross on a hand cranked ferry.)

I could very well have been a victim myself...

Anyway, that very long story was just to say that I agree with you...about understanding everything about each other's religion or language, etc. So, just let me know if and when I can be of help...
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Dear Freida,

I haven't been on this site much in the last couple of months but I do remember you as being a very caring friend. I've in the process of cleaning out our spare bedroom, as I think we may need to take in a roommate as it looks like I will be loosing one of my part time jobs ~~ due to budget cuts on Senior Citizens funding. Not happy about it, but there isn't a lot I can do about it either.

Take care of yourself.
    Your friend,
    Beadlady
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I'm trying to memorize verses.....darn it's hard at my age. But here's one I wrote out last night and thought of you, Leah.

Psalm 9: 9-10

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, A stronghold in times of trouble.
    Those who know your name will trust in you, for you Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.