for Lisapetrison

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swiss, Sep 25, 2006.

1. swiss

swiss New Member

I has a severe migraine on an airplane, so severe that they thoght they might have to land the plane. I was in the hospital after. That was my breaking point. The doctor said that I had a concussion from the swelling in my brain. I became sick with CFS after that. So, yes I do think that head injuries cab trigger CFS.

All the best,
    Michele
    [This Message was Edited on 09/25/2006]
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

so sorry you had to go through that.

A lot of people do not understand how really serious migraines can be.

It must have been very scary for you. To actually get a concussion from a migraine--I have heard of post concussion migraines but never that.

Wow--sorry but this is so interesting--was it the fact that you were up so high that caused the concussion from the migraine?

I have had migraines since I was 14 pretty severe one but none as severe as yours.

I am so sorry that you now have CFS.

Please take care of you,

Karen :)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/25/2006]
  3. cct

cct Member

Hi Swiss,

I have really horible horrible horrible headaches too.

I have also had a few concussions. My headaches started when I was much younger (I received my first concussion in a car accident when I was only three years old). The headaches continued to worsen as I got older (and as I received more concussions).

Then, when I contracted CFS/FMS, the pain became unbearable!

I have seen five neourolgists in the past ten years and not one of them has been able to help in anyway.

It is very discouraging and very frightening.
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I had never heard that you can get a concussion from the swelling of the brain during a migraine, but it makes sense. Does this happen often, or was it specifically because of the air pressure issue?

It's interesting to hear the head injury stories. I probably should have posted something to the effect of "major physical injury," though. Anytime you have one of those, your body needs a great deal of time to recover and you're at risk for slipping into this disease. Something like a colon operation or the loss of a finger (both of which are much more traumatic than you'd imagine at first and often lead to extreme depression) might well do it too.