For Livn & anyone else that wants a giggle

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Alyndra, May 19, 2006.

1. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

I had an ultrasound appointment today, and it turned out to be just another 'one of those day's type things.

I've been having alot of abdominal pain, and alot of naseau and vomiting. And while the "Best Friends Forever" sign looks real pretty on the toilet, I figured I'd push for an ultrasound.

So there's me laying on the table, and the super old technician guy trying to make me feel comfortable by making small talk. Going on and on and ON about my "pictures". I guess in whatever country he's from they don't utilize the word tattoo. But, whatever. In the middle of his rambing he stops and the conversation turns to this...

Tech Guy: I'm sorry mam, I forgot to ask you about previous surgeries

Me: I've had my gallbladder removed.

Tech Guy: What other procedures have you had?

Me: I haven't.

Tech Guy: Then what is this implant from?

Me: WHAT IMPLANT!

So yeah. Technician aren't allowed to elaborate on their findings, so I've requested and immediate appointment with a surgeon.

Looks like I have me some extras that haven't been paying rent!

It's been like, 3 years since I had my gallbladder surgery. I wonder what they forgot?

It's just my luck.

~Amanda
    [This Message was Edited on 05/19/2006]
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

When I had my hysterectomy the Doctor packed me with gauze and when the young doc came into my room to do the unpacking I felt very uncomfortable but Hes a doctor right!
    So he finishes and leaves .About an hour later he returns and starts looking Thu my blankets ,then on the table ,then the tray finally I said what are you looking for?He said have you seen a class ring from some college?
    I said no he said if you find it let me know.So you know what I thought.... lol it wasn't I don't know if he ever found it.
    Sounds like if they left something from surgery you should get some money back lol Good Luck!
  3. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Well I've had Xrays done around my abdominal area since my surgery and no metals have shown up.

I'm DEFINATELY not pregnant! That's a 1000% for sure.

It might be some gauze maybe? Maybe even some gall stones that they didn't get. Afterall, when they removed my gallbladder they had to recover it in chunks. (it had ruptured)

It'll probably be another week or 2 before I find out what it is. They don't seem all to concerned with whatever it is. Afterall, what they found is no where near where the pain I have is - and really.. it'd have to of been there for like, 3 or 4 years already.

I'm just so curious about it now!

~Amanda
  4. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

I've been persistantly eating (or at least trying to) but pretty much everything has been coming back up for the past week and a half almost routinely.

I have the most luck keeping liquids and SOMETIMES rice crispies down.

To me, in the ultrasound it looked like a bunched up kleenex. That's literally the shape and mass it had to it. My boyfriends first freak out reaction was "TUMOR!" but it has a very, very artificial look to it.

As I say, a kleenex like look to it. lol

~Amanda
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

That is really strange; not to mention, I can imagine you lying on that table and the older guy doing the ultra sound, asking you about "that implant". Do ya think it could be scar tissue? Not sure if that would show up or not. Just a guess.

I hope you get over this soon; it's bad when you are hungry and can't eat. Not to mention, wondering what in the world is going on here.

BlueSky555
  6. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have had stomach problems all my life. Lots of nausea and vomiting issues. It is thought that I probably have Gastro Paresis.

Anyways, a lot of the times when I am really bad the Carnation Instant Breakfast shakes are the only thing I can keep down as well and they are very good supplements. I know my mom (who has FM and had Cancer) was able to drink the Boost shakes and keep them down during Chemo. Also I try Powerbars every now and then and seem to have good luck with them as well.

Please try to find a form of shake (Carnation, Boost etc...) that works for you so that you can keep nutrition going in to your body.

Gatorade and Powerade can be good for replenishing electrolytes but when you're having stomach issues they seem to only cause diarrhea and my doctor warns against them when I am really sick.
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I just remembered about a year after I had my gull blatter removed.I was sick with pain and I ended up having a
    Adhesion it was about two inches thick and about 8 inches long.It was scaring from when they took out my gallbladder had to have another surgery to have that removed.
    When I had my gull blatter removed it was the old way where I have a 12 inch scar where they took it out.
    Now I understand they can do it I think with a small cut and laparoscope.
  8. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

It's funny you mention that.

Mine was to be done laparoscopically, when when they got in there with the camera and saw that the damn thing had ruptured into pieces, the surgeon had to make a large incision (about 4 inches) across my belly button in order to dig around and pull things out.

And that's literally JUST above where the technician was doing the ultrasound at the time he found my "implant".

My doctors obviously aren't to worried about it no matter what it is. They're making me wait until June 13 for a follow up!

Maybe it's not a sponge afterall! My boyfriend will be so disappointed if we don't get to name it Bob... lol

Thank you for the info!