For MADWOLF or HiRiskRN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Seagull, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Seagull

Seagull New Member

Need some suggestions as to how to word a letter for my doctor to sign -- to be sent with my appeal for SSD.

You see, due to SSA not receiving (if they ordered them, that is) most of my previous medical records, I was turned down. I did not even see the doctors' offices listed in their letter of denial as having been contacted.

The problem is that Kaiser Perm left Texas in 1998 (I was treated by their doctors between 1993 to 1998) and no longer has any of those records. The records from my doctors in California (from the car crash injuries' treatments in 1992 and early 1993) were lost in the earthquake that hit there in 1994. So, I am really stuck.

Fortunately, my current PCP was also my doctor at Kaiser during that timeframe and he does remember seeing me many times for all-over pain, and running tests that ruled out all the arthritis diseases, and prescribing numerous meds to try to help my pain. But, his notes are gone and he cannot remember any of the dates and other details. So, he asked me to do a letter giving what details I could remember, for him to sign. He does agree that I need SSD, so that much is good.

How should such a letter be worded and should I include a statement that he would be agreeable to appearing on my behalf in front of a judge, if needed? I really do not remember the dates of all my visits, either, but I do remember that Kaiser refused to approve a referral request by him to send me to a rheumatologist (which would probably have made my whole case).

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks so much for listening. :)
  2. Seagull

Seagull New Member

bump, bump. :)
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Bumping; it's often slow on the weekends.

Love, Mikie
  4. Seagull

Seagull New Member

I was feeling too bad to check in until now. Maybe I will hear from one of them soon. :)
  5. Seagull

Seagull New Member

I had forgotten that the "paper trail" would include things like lab tests and xrays. I have already jotted down a substantial list of things that I know my doctor will remember seeing and treating me for. I will try to find out which labs and hospitals did the tests.

Do you think that pharmacies keep records dating back a few years on what scripts each patient has taken? I plan on calling the couple here locally that I have used for the last 10 years to see. Can't hurt, I suppose.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond. :)