For Mikie or others on Guai: Re: Guai and Tinactin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by klutzo, Mar 26, 2003.

1. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Hi Mikie,
    As you know, the steambath weather is here for us in Florida. I am a very active person, and I wear a D cup bra. That, in combo with the heat and my messed up immunity, has always caused an awful fungus under my breasts during the 9 month summer period, that can only be controlled with Tinactin cream. It is very painful otherwise, raw, red and unsightly.
    I have not been able to find a phone number for the company that makes it, and their website for the product has no method to contact them.
    The guaidoc site has no listing for Tinactin that I could find, and as you know, Claudia will not answer mail from me.
    I must use this product. Do you have any idea if it will block the Guai? I will not be able to tell for myself if it is blocking, since I still am having no symptoms from the Guai for it to block. I have gone very slowly and am now in my second week at 1,800 mgs. daily.
    Any advice appreciated.
    Hugs,
    Klutzo
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I will e-mail Claudia and ask her about this.

I have the same problem if I don't take precautions. I only wear cotton Hanes Her Way bras. After I shower, I lie naked on the bed under the ceiling fan and make sure the area under my boobs, in my armpits, and in the genital area are completely dry. I apply my antiperspirant under my breasts before putting on my bra. I never apply powder or corn starch as fungi feed on them.

It isn't wise to apply the deodorant to raw broken skin, but so far, it has worked well as a preventative.

BTW, don't they have to list ingredients on medications? Claudia will want the list or she won't be able to tell me. If it was on the box which you threw away, you will have to go to the store and copy down the ingredients.

Love, Mikie
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

My husband came home and asked me why I didn't call the pharmacist. So, I did,and she read me a list of all the ingredients in Tinactin, including the inactive ones, and thank goodness ,they are all OK on Guai.
    Thanks for the tip about using deodorant under there. I will try that as soon as the rash heals. I do the ceiling fan thing too!
    Thanks, Klutzo
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Glad to hear it. I like summer down here enough, be we haven't had enough of our usually fabulous winter weather yet this year.

Love, Mikie