For Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sean, Oct 2, 2002.

1. sean

sean New Member

Hi Mikie, I never noticed the reference to mycoplasma being virus, shows how observant I am. So I did a search and gathered various info. Apparently there are 200 species of mycoplasma, only about 5 percent are pathogenic. You are right about mycoplasma being bacterium. There is however, some references on the net, that say the mycoplasma fermentans incognitus which is the mycoplasma found more often than normal in patients with CFS/Fibro is neither a virus nor a bacterium, but rather it is a mutated form of the Brucella bacterium, combined with a visna virus. There are also theories that it is a mycoplasma that has been genetically modified, by taking genes from the Aids virus, one such Supposed theory that this was done by Saddam Hussiens scientists in the interest of germ warfare. How much truth there is in this is anyone guess, but I suppose it could be a possibility. Apparently Fermentans incognitus has the ability to enter any cell and alter itself changing it's cellular make up with every cell division. The cells are able to fuse with T-lymphocytes and change their characteristic of Cytokine production. A search also led to this message board, and I found this subject has already been brought up under the title My letter to Oprah and Montel, posted by bubblegum. One of the sites I got my information from should be able to be found by doing a google search as follows: nexus magazine+mycoplasma
  2. sean

sean New Member

Hi Mikie, I never noticed the reference to mycoplasma being virus, shows how observant I am. So I did a search and gathered various info. Apparently there are 200 species of mycoplasma, only about 5 percent are pathogenic. You are right about mycoplasma being bacterium. There is however, some references on the net, that say the mycoplasma fermentans incognitus which is the mycoplasma found more often than normal in patients with CFS/Fibro is neither a virus nor a bacterium, but rather it is a mutated form of the Brucella bacterium, combined with a visna virus. There are also theories that it is a mycoplasma that has been genetically modified, by taking genes from the Aids virus, one such Supposed theory that this was done by Saddam Hussiens scientists in the interest of germ warfare. How much truth there is in this is anyone guess, but I suppose it could be a possibility. Apparently Fermentans incognitus has the ability to enter any cell and alter itself changing it's cellular make up with every cell division. The cells are able to fuse with T-lymphocytes and change their characteristic of Cytokine production. A search also led to this message board, and I found this subject has already been brought up under the title My letter to Oprah and Montel, posted by bubblegum. One of the sites I got my information from should be able to be found by doing a google search as follows: nexus magazine+mycoplasma
  3. selma

selma New Member

Happy that you got here. Have you taken any blood tests for it?

Love, Selma
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The bioengineering of mycoplasmas to make them behave more like viruses was most likely done here in the good ole USA by our Dept. of Defense. Mycoplasmas are not like other bacteria; they have no cell walls of their own. There is a doc with connections to the Dept. of Defense who holds the patents on mycoplasmas. The theory, though I have found no proof of this, is that we sold this bioweapons technology to Saddam back when he was at war with Iran. Iran was our enemy then. This is all conspiracy theory regarding Saddam; however, I have seen copies of the patent held by Dr. Lo. To me, this is the "smoking gun."

In any case, Dr. Nicolson, who discovered the mycoplasma connection in Gulf War Illness says that there is no way these mycoplasmas occur in nature in the form which causes our illnesses. Note that illnesses like CFIDS and MS occur in cluster outbreaks in geographic areas of the U.S. This is well documented. As I mentioned, my mycoplasma infection started as a flu on Dec. 24, 1990, just before the onset of the Gulf War in Jan. 1991. I lived right next to a military facility.

You can use the search feature on this board to bring up all the posts regarding mycoplasmas. If you are really into it, try searching on mycoplasmas with a web search engine like Yahoo or Google. You will find more than you ever wanted to know about the bacteria and the conspiracy theories.

Love, Mikie